What's new

To RDA or not to RDA

I`m with With both of the above - get the RDA first on it`s own, it`s not for everyone, been there tried it. Make sure you get a bottom fed RDA so that it can be used on a squonker later on ( BFRDA )

Make sure it has a solid pin as well.I do not squonk and have come across quite a few otherwise interesting rda on FT that only come with a squonk pin.

Hi yes as i said a Drop RDA is about the best its easy to build on and gives great flavour from your juices its a 24mm RDA and comes with a stranded pin for dripping and a squonk pin for squonking.
Hey, i think the wotofo profile mesh rda was suggested as i only use mesh stock coils now.
Im going to take a look at the drop rda & for some more research, will let u know.
Thanks again

It depends on what you like, i use a wasp nano rda. Tiny but really good. Don't use a squonk an i only use it home when I want to treat myself with some great flavour. There are a lot of rta's with great flavour . As with anything there is a risk of leaking, i am top airflow rta when on the go. Large tank and no worries about leaks.
Thanks for your help. What is the difference between a RDA & RTA? What RTA are u using?

It is worth trying a rda to see what you think.
There is no point in getting a squonker till you establish that you like rdas.
Even if it turns out that they are not for you, they tend to be easier to coil and wick than tanks, so they are a good place to start with building coils, if you end up moving to rtas. If coiling an rda is too much faf for you then rtas are probably not for you.
My impression of mesh rdas from threads is that even some experienced coil builders struggle and those that like them seem to like cloudage.

I would go single coil rather than for something designed for single or double coils.
I have no idea what your preference for airflow is but I would say that is an important consideration. If you like a wide open, unrestricted airflow then the choice is huge. If you like a tighter draw then you are probably looking for something described as a mtl rda and the choices are more limited though still a few to choose from.
Thank u for the advice, i like good airflow, DTL for me. What rda single coil would you suggest? There is so much out there im confused :22:

I'd say definitely give a rda a go and the drop is a great starting point, rdas are easier to coil and especially wick compared to a rta, the wicking is more forgiving for a start
I'd also stay away from a mesh rta or rda until you get building and wicking down first

Thank u for the advice, i like good airflow, DTL for me. What rda single coil would you suggest? There is so much out there im confused :22:

I am not the person to recommend dtl kit.
I like a restricted airflow.
Most of the stuff others recommend is probably worth looking into.
Just watch some build videos on the recommendations then get whatever takes your fancy.

You can get the wasp nano, dirt cheap and good. Wotofo recurve, Drop Solo, or the drop classic and use one coil. These are on my list but happy with the wasp nano so i keep delaying getting a new rda. As you are a beginner i would stay away from rta-s for now. The good airflow ones are either bottom airflow and will leak if not build correctly or top airflow with tight draw ( i have the augvape intake and wotofo serpent elevate rta, love them but they are not for loose draw lovers) . Or the zeus tanks, top airflow so no leaks and a lot of air, but they require experience to get flavour out of them. Have one sits in a drawer. One in 5 builds has proper flavour.

You can get the wasp nano, dirt cheap and good. Wotofo recurve, Drop Solo, or the drop classic and use one coil. These are on my list but happy with the wasp nano so i keep delaying getting a new rda. As you are a beginner i would stay away from rta-s for now. The good airflow ones are either bottom airflow and will leak if not build correctly or top airflow with tight draw ( i have the augvape intake and wotofo serpent elevate rta, love them but they are not for loose draw lovers) . Or the zeus tanks, top airflow so no leaks and a lot of air, but they require experience to get flavour out of them. Have one sits in a drawer. One in 5 builds has proper flavour.
Thanks so much, yep been looking at the wasp nano RDTA as its got that little tank and the drop solo RDA. Which do u think would be best? Any suggestions on coil and cotton brand?

Ta Dee

Back
Top Bottom