What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tips for new vapers

My best bit of advice is just experiment and enjoy it. Ive seen too many people try use a kit that doesnt tailor to their needs and just give up because they dont want to experiment with other bits of gear.

Dont skimp on the price, dont just buy the first one you see because it looks cool or its in your favourite colour. When you dont buy the right thing, you get frustrated, thats when you give up and go back to the fags because its "easier and less of a headache".

Take your time, find what works for you, ask your friends, as at your local B&M's, Ask around here and be specific, dont be afraid to be picky, this is your money and youll be the one using it. Find what suits you and have fun!
Good advice. I bought my first kit for close to £100 and thought I'd been fleeced, but soon came to realise I'd had great recommendations and service from the guy in the shop. Nearly two years on, I still go back to him (turns out he's my cousin's nephew as well!) Agree with all the You Tube shouts as well - it's a great source of information and I've learned so much useful stuff from the videos on there.

My best bit of advice is just experiment and enjoy it. Ive seen too many people try use a kit that doesnt tailor to their needs and just give up because they dont want to experiment with other bits of gear.

Dont skimp on the price, dont just buy the first one you see because it looks cool or its in your favourite colour. When you dont buy the right thing, you get frustrated, thats when you give up and go back to the fags because its "easier and less of a headache".

Take your time, find what works for you, ask your friends, as at your local B&M's, Ask around here and be specific, dont be afraid to be picky, this is your money and youll be the one using it. Find what suits you and have fun!

That's one of the best tips for beginners. Advanced users could find it helpful too.

I know I have only been vaping for 3 months but thought I pass tips on so more likely keep of fags from my mistakes and f ups
1. If mod takes batteries make sure have spare set I spent eveing poping mine in out charger so I could vape
2. Have second option to vape from if your main device is out action so less chance running to shops by fags for nicotine fix
3. Keep spare coils and tanks so get the best vaping experience learn how take tank apart fit the coils instead of needing go vape shop every time you need new coil as b and m shop will charge more for coils than online
I am sure more tips will provide by more experience vapers out there who no more than I do good luck guys

Thanks a lot!

More: Research, research, research. Ask people's opinions. Post threads. Google, YouTube. Once you've found your selected mod & tank, make sure it's the best one out there for the money you're spending otherwise you won't get the full experience. You'll get the half arsed experience that half of the current smoking population has had and then went back to tabs straight away because of it. I'd suggest a Cleito v1 and an Alien for dual 18650s or a TC100 or something, then get a backup setup once you're comfortable somewhere down the line. If you have a shit tank and a good mod, you won't like vaping and you'll more than likely quit immediately. Same goe's for a shit mod though. Another tip, make your own liquid. The amount of cash I used to waste on 30ml bottles every day or 2 makes me want to chuck me dinner up.

Watch out for heisenberg/menthol?/liqourice juices. The flavour tends to stick around way past the tank emptying tainting other juices.If you're swapping juices around, try and stick to similar juices per tank. Fruits with fruits, custards with custards etc, as some flavours vastly different can taste like vaping arse.

If you are a mouth to lung smoker, look into buying a decent rebuildable tank atomizer. You will learn to make your own coils, save a ton of cash (not buying coils), and the flavour is so much better than even the best tank with disposable coils, (i'm unsure why that is, maybe it's just me?).

Have a look on gearbest, or fasttech after researching well made clones of expensive atty's, and some kanthal wire, and a cheap coil kit and you are good to go .I bought a Kayfun mini v3, and the flavour is grand (http://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_427859.html)

Lastly be careful you don't spend too much, I've two RDA's on the way, diy concentrates, 4 mods and another on the way, 8 tanks in the front room, and a kidney on it's way to China to pay for it all.

If any of the above is utter shite, my apologies, i'm a bit of a newb myself. It may be worth researching further any of the points I made.

That's one of the best tips for beginners. Advanced users could find it helpful too.

That is my story with the first e cig i got a few years ago ( which has since died)- a Jac Vapour. It didn't quite deliver but my Aspire Sub Ohm is the business! Way superior to smoking!

I was told to not rinse coils with water to preserve longevity by a vendor since it can cause health issues. So now not cleaning coils prior to changing juice.
Please could you tell me where the clear ring goes as it fell out from somewhere when I was filling the juice today and now no vapour coming through the holes!

No matter if you’re a newcomer to vaping or a seasoned pro, this is a great thread to read through. I personally, have an awful memory so forget stuff really easily. Some great tips

Thank god for this post, been vaping a few years on and off, but still learning new things.

Back
Top Bottom