What's new

Tips for new vapers

What advice would posters give new vapers about ‘the next step’?

By that I mean say you’ve been using a starter mod (in my case the aspire zelos) for about 2 months. You’ve been testing different juices and getting the hang of both vaping and the terminology that surrounds it. You know you like vaping and you want to start thinking about your next mod for two reasons:

• Because having a spare is a good idea. In my case I’d keep the aspire zelos as a back up (and possibly for going out as it fits the pocket nicely)
  • Because you want to get a bit more flavour and maybe a bit more wattage
I’ve scoured the forum for advice on this. I can’t be the only person who started with an aspire starter mod and then was puzzled about what comes next and what decisions others made and if they worked out.

I’m not sure I’m ready to build my own, make my own coils etc. And I definitely want to stay MTL

Thanks all for your views

Last edited:
@Smokeandsteam Quick answer. As your MTL vaping look at other MTL tanks that take stock coils & get a couple. That way you can have 2/3 flavours on the go & avoid vapers tongue. Again as your MTLing look at pocket friendly mods with vv/vw such as the Aspire Pico's. Your not going to need 200w mods so concentrate on up to 100w single cell (or built in) as this will give you plenty of scope to experiment with tanks. At the end of the day it's the attie/coil combo which will ultimately give you flavour.

@Smokeandsteam. I’d suggest searching out a few mods and tanks you like the look of and posting them on the mouth to lung section of the forum for advice on the pros and cons of each one. You’ll also get advice as to where to buy from, if you’re patient with delivery there’s some real bargains to be had ordering from China

@Smokeandsteam Quick answer. As your MTL vaping look at other MTL tanks that take stock coils & get a couple. That way you can have 2/3 flavours on the go & avoid vapers tongue. Again as your MTLing look at pocket friendly mods with vv/vw such as the Aspire Pico's. Your not going to need 200w mods so concentrate on up to 100w single cell (or built in) as this will give you plenty of scope to experiment with tanks. At the end of the day it's the attie/coil combo which will ultimately give you flavour.

That’s really good advice @nwhornet. I’ll start making a list and then examining the reviews on here (and vape with Vic). I don’t think I’m anywhere ready for building my own etc. I’ll probably buy a new mod on pay day and have two different ones on the go

@Smokeandsteam. I’d suggest searching out a few mods and tanks you like the look of and posting them on the mouth to lung section of the forum for advice on the pros and cons of each one. You’ll also get advice as to where to buy from, if you’re patient with delivery there’s some real bargains to be had ordering from China

Nice one @Quahog5. I’ll certainly be drawing up a list, and then searching out reviews.

What advice would posters give new vapers about ‘the next step’?

By that I mean say you’ve been using a starter mod (in my case the aspire zelos) for about 2 months. You’ve been testing different juices and getting the hang of both vaping and the terminology that surrounds it. You know you like vaping and you want to start thinking about your next mod for two reasons:

• Because having a spare is a good idea. In my case I’d keep the aspire zelos as a back up (and possibly for going out as it fits the pocket nicely)
  • Because you want to get a bit more flavour and maybe a bit more wattage
I’ve scoured the forum for advice on this. I can’t be the only person who started with an aspire starter mod and then was puzzled about what comes next and what decisions others made and if they worked out.

I’m not sure I’m ready to build my own, make my own coils etc. And I definitely want to stay MTL

Thanks all for your views

My recommendation would be to get the Innokin Zenith tank, you could also consider the kit (Kroma A with Zenith) seen it on grey haze for £45 with new members discount. You also get a choice of 0.8 or 1.8 coil. If you want a 4ml tank there is a French site that you can get it off.
Another option to consider is Innokin coolfire and any tank you like. They are all interchangeable. The T20s is also a good little tank for flavour.

Thanks @Coolie27, loads of people are recommending Innokin stuff. There is a grey haze vape shop where I live (Kings Heath, Birmingham). Not sure if it’s the same chain as the site you recommend but I’ll have a walk up at the weekend and see if I can try one. Thanks a lot for the recommend :)

Thanks @Coolie27, loads of people are recommending Innokin stuff. There is a grey haze vape shop where I live (Kings Heath, Birmingham). Not sure if it’s the same chain as the site you recommend but I’ll have a walk up at the weekend and see if I can try one. Thanks a lot for the recommend :)

You’re very welcome, it prob is the same. You could ask them to price match, you never know. There are a couple of nautilus tanks in the giveaway section. Put your mane down. Beginners luck. [emoji106]

You’re very welcome, it prob is the same. You could ask them to price match, you never know. There are a couple of nautilus tanks in the giveaway section. Put your mane down. Beginners luck. [emoji106]

Not enough privileges to apply sadly. Presume I need to be here longer (which is fair enough!)

As @shadowvaper says if you are going to stay off the fags you do need a backup of everything that you require for your vaping, stuff can and will go wrong with kit at some time.

However, before you go getting a backup and a backup for the backup, you have to find some kit that works for you and get the right strength of nicotine in it.

I personally would not advise diving in at the deep end, spending a lot of money on complicated kit. Regard your first setup as something that may well end up being your backup device once you understand more about vaping. The most important thing when giving up the fags is to have a device that delivers enough nicotine that it takes away your craving for a fag. The sort of devices listed as starter kits on this site http://myepack.co.uk/kits.html should be able to do the job for most people. Ask here for more help in making your choice if you want. Watch youtube videos on kit that takes your fancy.

Once you have chosen your kit you have to find a juice flavour that you like, this may involve testing quite a few flavours. You buy this juice in the strongest strength that you do not find too harsh for you. Lower nic juice is smoother, but while breaking your baccy habit go for the stronger stuff
!8mg for starters, if you have been a heavy smoker. Once you have stopped smoking or if 18mg is too strong then drop to 12mg. Some shops let you test juices, if you can find one then that will save you from buying juice you do not like or that is too strong for you.

Once you have found that vaping is working for you start thinking about your backup system, read up on this forum see what kit people are talking about, watch more videos. If your first setup is working for you you may want to get more of the same or you may want to try something different.
Thanks alot oldhippydude thats helped, i just bought a Mag kit from Smok last month. I did like this, but having some problems with it now, its not reading my coils/atomisers so looking to swith or if its just a rare problem with mine try another one, i want too find out if other people have had this issue too first.

Thanks gor your help

Back
Top Bottom