What's new

Tips for new vapers

I know I have only been vaping for 3 months but thought I pass tips on so more likely keep of fags from my mistakes and f ups
1. If mod takes batteries make sure have spare set I spent eveing poping mine in out charger so I could vape
2. Have second option to vape from if your main device is out action so less chance running to shops by fags for nicotine fix
3. Keep spare coils and tanks so get the best vaping experience learn how take tank apart fit the coils instead of needing go vape shop every time you need new coil as b and m shop will charge more for coils than online
I am sure more tips will provide by more experience vapers out there who no more than I do good luck guys

i would reccomend learning to build coils and mix diy eliquid and use an RDA or RTA asap - you will then be saving all the money you dreamt of when you started if you can be sensible about buying new devices. It may look daunting but it is actually very simple.

My top tips are
1. Always protect your batteries, I've had several go off and vent in my pocket in the early years of vaping
2. Always have a nice strong menthol Eliquid at home in case you can no longer taste eliquid flavours. Change to menthol and it gives your mouth a reset
3. Consider mixing your own liquids, much cheaper, better flavours and lots of receipes online
4. Dont buy a device not suited to your needs. Try one at a shop and if suitable, shop around
5. If you dont know, post the question. It will always be answered

i would reccomend learning to build coils and mix diy eliquid and use an RDA or RTA asap - you will then be saving all the money you dreamt of when you started if you can be sensible about buying new devices. It may look daunting but it is actually very simple.
I'd just add to that... don't be scared of it! A lot of wasted time has been spent staring at the stuff in fear, to DIY or coil build... by me lol.

It's worth the leap! :)

I know I have only been vaping for 3 months but thought I pass tips on so more likely keep of fags from my mistakes and f ups
1. If mod takes batteries make sure have spare set I spent eveing poping mine in out charger so I could vape
2. Have second option to vape from if your main device is out action so less chance running to shops by fags for nicotine fix
3. Keep spare coils and tanks so get the best vaping experience learn how take tank apart fit the coils instead of needing go vape shop every time you need new coil as b and m shop will charge more for coils than online
I am sure more tips will provide by more experience vapers out there who no more than I do good luck guys
Definitely help much ! thanks for sharing. I am selbie ....

I'd just add to that... don't be scared of it! A lot of wasted time has been spent staring at the stuff in fear, to DIY or coil build... by me lol.

It's worth the leap! :)

Learning to rebuild is the most valuable vape asset one can have. Your opening up a whole new ability to do as you please with coils. DIY juice is a perk that is sickenly simple to do with unlimited benefits.

HI, another newbie question , are the custards usable in just your normal vape,,like my PockeX or does it need to be a different type of set up? Also don't really understand the different terms like 70/30 or 80/20 , looks like I have so much to learn as now not sure which juices to use or the percentage differences :eeek:all help welcome :) x
Hi soozz. The first part of your question is really down to personal preference. Some people like some flavours at high power and other flavours at low power. For example, my coffees, chocolates, and spicey vapes are mostly MTL at low power, whereas I like my fruits, creams and custards at higher power DTL.

The 70/30 and so on is the VG/PG ratio of your juice. Put simply, PG carries more flavour, VG makes more vapour. The reason different ratios are used is because PG can be very harsh at high temperature/power, and VG being thicker doesn't wick as easily, so it's all about tailoring it to your particular needs. As a general rule of thumb, low power MTL vapes are usually around 50/50 and the proportion of VG increases as you go to more power.

Usually MTL (mouth-to-lung, i.e. you use it like a cigarette) is low power and DTL (direct-to-lung, don't hold it in the mouth, just breathe it straight in like a fist-spliff) is high power, but those aren't rules or necessities, they're just what most people prefer. There is infinite variety available... have fun experimenting and finding out what works best for you. :D
Just a word of caution... if you start out with MTL and then decide to try DTL, reduce your nicotine strength because you get a bigger lungful with DTL.

Last edited:
When you're researching something new, never take the word of YouTube reviewers as gospel.
Always remember that they're just egos with cameras. The worst of them are usually orange in colour or have more tattoos than brain cells.

The best of them is Daniel of DJLsbVapes ... he has a voice like a Portuguese Borat but he's thorough and very often right on the money.

I always enjoy Phil Busardo: https://www.youtube.com/user/pbusardo/videos

Back
Top Bottom