What's new

Tips for new vapers

Hi @CeeMee - The Vapours Lounge in Colchester stock most, if not all, the City Vape flavours. I've seen CV juices on a few web sites so perhaps they're expanding out from being a local outfit. Bought more Lemon Ice Cream Waffle - makes my mouth water! Also Baked Well Cherry and Blackpool Rock to try out. I've just ordered an RBA to make trying out new flavours a bit easier so will wait for that before trying these new (to me) flavours.

I love baked well cherry @Vapingtree and lemon ice cream waffle. Blue Mint and Berry Crumble are lovely as well. I've not liked City Red (tastes like Tunes, uck) or Peach Passion. I'm looking forward to trying the Blueberry Apple Pie. Blackpool Rock is probably too sweet for me, Strawberry Jam was sickly as f***.

Yeah, so far City Vape are my favourite juices. I've tried some proper premium juices and haven't liked them anywhere near as much as the City Vape stuff.

I love baked well cherry @Vapingtree and lemon ice cream waffle. Blue Mint and Berry Crumble are lovely as well. I've not liked City Red (tastes like Tunes, uck) or Peach Passion. I'm looking forward to trying the Blueberry Apple Pie. Blackpool Rock is probably too sweet for me, Strawberry Jam was sickly as f***.

Yeah, so far City Vape are my favourite juices. I've tried some proper premium juices and haven't liked them anywhere near as much as the City Vape stuff.
Wow just searched on eBay so many choices I opted for latte at 80/20 has anyone tried the 50/50 range?

The cafelatte is pretty nice. Not tried any 50/50 cos I have a pg sensitivity. 80/20 or don't for me lol

ive added this to my earlier post on the first page but also adding it here so it gets bumped up.

Q - where can i buy 72% Nicotine for DIY

A - as of the 20th May 2017 it is now illegal to buy 72% nicotine in the UK under TPD law unless you have a trade account. what was readilly available is now classed as not for human consumption.
this question gets asked weekly and as this is a open public forum anyone can see the questions asked on google and the more its asked the more it gets bumped up and risks trading standards closing down said companies.
so in simple terms PLEASE DONT ASK.

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I think nicotine salt eliquid is a good idea for social situations, the nictotine seems to be delivered more like a cigarrette and when nipping out with smokers while drinkig, when i just try and vape i dont feel satisified, i tend to want to vape quite constantly, which is fine in situations I can, thinking of testing out a pod system or a specific smaller nicotine salts mod for when im out drinking, otherwise I always want a smoke!

As @shadowvaper says if you are going to stay off the fags you do need a backup of everything that you require for your vaping, stuff can and will go wrong with kit at some time.

However, before you go getting a backup and a backup for the backup, you have to find some kit that works for you and get the right strength of nicotine in it.

I personally would not advise diving in at the deep end, spending a lot of money on complicated kit. Regard your first setup as something that may well end up being your backup device once you understand more about vaping. The most important thing when giving up the fags is to have a device that delivers enough nicotine that it takes away your craving for a fag. The sort of devices listed as starter kits on this site http://myepack.co.uk/kits.html should be able to do the job for most people. Ask here for more help in making your choice if you want. Watch youtube videos on kit that takes your fancy.

Once you have chosen your kit you have to find a juice flavour that you like, this may involve testing quite a few flavours. You buy this juice in the strongest strength that you do not find too harsh for you. Lower nic juice is smoother, but while breaking your baccy habit go for the stronger stuff
!8mg for starters, if you have been a heavy smoker. Once you have stopped smoking or if 18mg is too strong then drop to 12mg. Some shops let you test juices, if you can find one then that will save you from buying juice you do not like or that is too strong for you.

Once you have found that vaping is working for you start thinking about your backup system, read up on this forum see what kit people are talking about, watch more videos. If your first setup is working for you you may want to get more of the same or you may want to try something different.
Would agree with this. If you were a heavy smoker on high strength ciggies, or hand rolling, then yeah, the higher strength and small mouth to lung hits worked for me initially as this was how I used to smoke. Upgraded to a better mod and tanks with higher battery (a mod that can be still used used whilst charging is helpful) and wattage output. That's what helped me pull nicotine strength down and stay off the dirty cigs. It's also about the habit side of it too, 'hand to mouth' and now find the assortment of flavours around now much more appealing than tobacco based ones.

Last edited:
May have been posted before...because it's pretty obvious ;)

When filling your squonk bottle squeeze it a bit - when you screw the top on and the liquid rises up the tube, let go the squeeze.
It will suck that liquid right back down - less mess.

Back
Top Bottom