What's new

Tight chest/ breathlessness

I’d agree with this. I think this where the term ‘gasping’ for a fag came from, if that’s not a common thing everywhere and just was from where I grew up it means we really needed a smoke.

But I remember feeling breathless until I’d started to smoke the cigarette and then I was ok. I think it probably is mostly psychological but there’s definitely some physical element there too.

I had a tight chest when I was coming off cigarettes onto vaping that took a good while to go and I was on 18mg in a Kanger Evod when I started. Like a constant ‘gasping’ sensation which took a fair few months to pass. I just put it down to it being part of the craving and/or the dependency. I was a very heavy smoker though.

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about too much unless it’s accompanied by other red flags. Just your body coming off it, but I’d try to stop dual fuelling if you can as it does sound as if that may be part of the problem. Easier said than done mind.
Thanks for your help will try to stop dual fuelling and see what happens.

I don't think it's the nicotine... well not the strength anyway, they sell 50mg liquid in the US, our 20mg limit already makes it harder for some heavy smokers to switch.

How many rollies are you trying to replace with 1ml of e-liquid?

It's sounds odd but maybe you aren't getting enough nicotine and that could be something to do with it? It might be why you are 'dual fuelling' too, when I switched to vaping I was vaping about 5 or 6 ml a day of 12mg (from around 30 rollies) .. and that was tough for the first couple of weeks, but it did stop my cravings to smoke.
I was smoking about 15 rollies a day, now about 8 and vaping in between. It makes sense i need to vape more just dont like the tight chest feeling.

If your lungs are being asked to constantly adjust between smoking and vaping they're bound to get a little upset!

First time I've ever seen such a reckoning. I disagree, I vaped all day and early evening till I had alcohol, usually starting 8-9pm, from that moment I chain smoked. I done that for 30 months, before I went vape only. My lungs weren't confused - or upset, they were relieved, all those fags less....

First time I've ever seen such a reckoning. I disagree, I vaped all day and early evening till I had alcohol, usually starting 8-9pm, from that moment I chain smoked. I done that for 30 months, before I went vape only. My lungs weren't confused - or upset, they were relieved, all those fags less....

everyone is different mate... a friend of mine just stopped one day after 20 years. I have no idea how, he had no withdrawal symptoms at all. Other people get stomach cramps and all sorts.

Other people get stomach cramps and all sorts.

when I tried to quit - before vaping turned up, I'd get bad constipation. I'd actually have a roll up, so i could have a shit.

People can get addicted to the most weirdest of things. There was that woman years ago, addicted to water, she was drinking so much (of it) that her body depleted of minerals and stuff, that it killed her, she wouldn't listen to the doctors. Her husband said he couldn't keep up with the demand - he couldn't supply water fast enough. wtaf :hmm:

when I tried to quit - before vaping turned up, I'd get bad constipation. I'd actually have a roll up, so i could have a shit.

:rofl:

People can get addicted to the most weirdest of things. There was that woman years ago, addicted to water, she was drinking so much (of it) that her body depleted of minerals and stuff, that it killed her, she wouldn't listen to the doctors. Her husband said he couldn't keep up with the demand - he couldn't supply water fast enough. wtaf :hmm:

yeah, too much water can be bad.. does it make your brain swell or something?

..... or is that just what the media said about the dangers of taking E's? :18:

Thanks for your help will try to stop dual fuelling and see what happens.

It’s hard man. We don’t realise how hooked on this shit we are until it’s not there anymore. Vaping fills most of the gap, but it’s only most of it initially. For a while there’s still a Marlboro sized hole in your day that nothing really fills.

It eases over time, and vaping 100% makes it easier, but it’s still a slog.

I was smoking about 15 rollies a day, now about 8 and vaping in between. It makes sense i need to vape more just dont like the tight chest feeling.

Maybe try a mint/menthol?

That might give you an 'easier to breath' feeling?

Back
Top Bottom