What's new

Tight chest/ breathlessness

Dst26

Postman
Hello all
Ive been getting a slight tight chest and feeling slightly out of breath.
I was using 9mg mtl and have upped it to 12mg to try and kick the rollies completely. Could the feeling be from the nicotine or can certain flavours do it ?. i don't think its the pg/vg as its 50/50 as never had a problem before. Most of my friends use 12mg and they don't have a problem and they used to smoke the same amount as me (about 15 rollies a day). I thought 12mg was about right for a 15 a day smoker ? Any advice would be really appreciated.

I don't think nicotine can cause a tight chest, but I'm not a doctor.

The 'right' mg level totally depends on how many ml of liquid you are vaping, if you vape 2ml of 18mg a day that is less nicotine than 4ml of 12mg.

Yes it could be certain flavours.. maybe.

however much you vape it's probably less nicotine than when you smoked.

I don't think nicotine can cause a tight chest, but I'm not a doctor.

The 'right' mg level totally depends on how many ml of liquid you are vaping, if you vape 2ml of 18mg a day that is less nicotine than 4ml of 12mg.

Yes it could be certain flavours.. maybe.
I'm only using about 1ml a day but smoking a few rollies aswell, don't seem to get the tight chest/breathlessness after a rollie.

I find any freebase MTL juices make me cough my guts up (although it doesn't make my chest feel tight). Maybe try a bottle of 10mg nic salt juice? The nic isn't quite as concentrated as 12mg freebase but you seem to get a more immediate nic hit from it.

Some people don't get on with high nic freebase - and just as many don't like nic salts, but for £3 - £4 for a 10ml bottle its worth trying out. One thing that may take a little getting used to is there is little throat hit with nic salts, but it is fast to deliver nicotine.

I find any freebase MTL juices make me cough my guts up (although it doesn't make my chest feel tight). Maybe try a bottle of 10mg nic salt juice? The nic isn't quite as concentrated as 12mg freebase but you seem to get a more immediate nic hit from it.

Some people don't get on with high nic freebase - and just as many don't like nic salts, but for £3 - £4 for a 10ml bottle its worth trying out. One thing that may take a little getting used to is there is little throat hit with nic salts, but it is fast to deliver nicotine.
I might give it a try but i think i do need a strong throat , thanks for your advice.

I'm only using about 1ml a day but smoking a few rollies aswell, don't seem to get the tight chest/breathlessness after a rollie.

Tricky to say then really 1ml is next to nothing.

Too much VG can give me a heavy chest but not that amount wouldn't.

Smoking does weird things to you too, your lungs have probably been used to inhaling smoke for years?

....when I gave up I felt like shit for weeks. Vaping can only replace the nicotine and your body will have to get used to inhaling something else. I'm not sure switching between the two is ideal either, but do what you have to do to stop smoking.

Tricky to say then really 1ml is next to nothing.

Too much VG can give me a heavy chest but not that amount wouldn't.

Smoking does weird things to you too, your lungs have probably been used to inhaling smoke for years?

....when I gave up I felt like shit for weeks. Vaping can only replace the nicotine and your body will have to get used to inhaling something else. I'm not sure switching between the two is ideal either, but do what you have to do to stop smoking.
Thanks for your advice.

Vaping can only replace the nicotine and your body will have to get used to inhaling something else. I'm not sure switching between the two is ideal either.
This^^^^^^
If your lungs are being asked to constantly adjust between smoking and vaping they're bound to get a little upset!

Thanks for your advice.

It's more just pondering really :D ... everyone is different which makes it difficult.

I definitely remember thinking that smoking helped me breath easier though, I don't know if that's part of a physical dependence we have as a long term smokers, or just a psychological/psychosomatic effect though.

Back
Top Bottom