What's new

The Right Level Of Nicotene?

freddie

Postman
Hi folks,

Recently bought an Aspire K3 and using a 6mg level of nic at 50/50 ratio. I've been using this since Friday night and all been fine until today when I've been having a constant energy sapping headache. It might be unrelated to vaping but I did have headache issues when vaping previously. I did smoke around 10 rolled cigs a day and more when out of the pop.

Is 6mg too strong for that level of smoking? I have had a look online for 3mg but I was told by the vendor that more that 50 % VG would mean the K3 wouldn't run so well. Most of the 3mg are higher in vg than 70.

Any help greatfully received!

If you are concerned it is too much then test the theory by stoppjng vaping for an hour or so.
If its the nicotine causing the headaches then the headache will subside.
If it is then just vape less often.

I think you would have had the headache straight away if the nic level was the cause. Unless for some reason you've been vaping significantly more today than the rest of the time you've had it. Headaches can be a sign of dehydration too, so it's important to increase your liquid intake when vaping.

I seriously doubt it's too much nicotine at 6mg, I'd say it's either unrelated or slight dehydration like Leni says.

....... or maybe it's not enough nicotine for you? 6mg in a kit like that isn't really going to give you much and headaches are a common symptom of nicotine withdrawal, which we are trying to avoid by vaping.

It depends how much liquid you vape. I get through about 4ml a day of 6mg, but if I up this to 5 ml plus then I also get a headache. I simply put the vape down for an hour or so.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't vaped much today but had the headache since I woke up. On a side note, I take anti-depressants, maybe there is a conflict between my meds and the vape juice?

What are the views on not using more that 50 % vg in the aspire k3?

Cheers again

if your using the 1.8ohm coil then these are rated at 10-14watts and best with 50/50
anything higher vg and its too thick for the small air holes on the coil and you will get either dry hits or it will clog up real quick.

I think 6mg is about right if you only smoked 10 cigarettes per day..if you smoked more or feel that your not getting the satisfaction from 6mg then up it to 9mg or 12mg nicotine..and or change liquid
I smoked 20 a day of medium strength cigarettes and find 12mg perfect for me..

I did find though and it is important to recognise that your body will go through a kind of withdrawal from regular cigarettes as it detox’s ..I had headaches sore teeth and generally felt upset/ill kind of cold and flu feeling but it only lasted about two weeks..If you get worried please speak to a medical professional or your GP..once your past the detox stage your start feeling so much better with most aspects of your health and life so keep it up mate and stay off the cigarettes it’s a big effort but well worth it and keep posting on here ask questions and let us know how things are going...

I think @Simon G might be right. It might not be strong enough and the headache is caused by you puffing it too much. Try puffing it less.

The idea that more or less nic should be governed by the amount of fags a person smoked I believe to be a bad one. A roll up is a roll up, surely you’d be better with a level of nic that’s similar to puffing a roll up. The amount of roll ups you smoked should influence how often you puff the device, rather than how much nic is in the liquid. It only makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom