What's new

Telling my parents..

bandy

Postman
Hey guys,

I know this is going to be quite a stupid post but basically I really want to tell my parents that I vape but they're the type of people who can flip out at something. They know i've never smoked and I use 0mg. I just want to tell them so I can happily vape in my room and not have to wave my hands rapidly in the air trying to get rid of the clouds. I just want to order things from online without being paranoid they're going to see in the post. Don't worry I am of legal age, I'm 18. I probably sound like i'm acting like a child but yeah.. Would really appreciate the help guys!
no hate pls.

Just be honest, straight to the point with no bull. Answer all their questions honestly and show em all the good info about vaping and its community.

If they still flip, then you've at least been decent about it, and you're not lying to them..... if they're cool with it .....let em have a go on your ecig.

You'll probably find they'll be more supportive than anything else, as long as you respectfully put your side across.

This is like my work mate. He is 18, never smoked but got into vaping (0 nic) he has never told his parents, but reckons they know but don't say anything.
Do your parents smoke?

If they're likely to flip out, first hide your kit! :D

In all seriousness, though, if you're living in their house they have every right to object to you vaping in it .... so bear that in mind. If you were an ex-smoker I'd suggest going armed with lots of info about how much better vaping is than smoking ....... but none of that really applies here as, with the best will in the world, nobody can really argue that vaping is better than not vaping! It would help, though, to have some of the public health studies ready to show them to at least allay some of their fears. You can find them on here.

Lastly, they may not be entirely surprised, unless you vape flavourless juice as well as 0 nic and have convinced them you burn joss sticks. In my experience the smells linger long after the clouds have gone!

Good luck!

Neither of my parents smoke, my Dad used to but quit. I bought a new liquid last weekend, and it's One Hit Wonder Milk Man. My dad shouted up "What's that smell?" and i said i'm just burning a candle, Lol.

It's not like your smoking dope, you could have easily slipped into smoking real cigarettes if it wasn't for the now widely availability of e cigs, just tell them bud.
Go tell them just now and let us know what they say, you have now got me intrigued, lol.

They're coming back at about 9:30pm i'll telll you all how it goes! Wish me luck, LOL

Back
Top Bottom