What's new

Tc mode frustrations

Gurulua

What I use.
Tank: Digiflavor siren 2 gta mtl
Mod: Smok T-priv 200w
Geekvape aegis 100w.
Wires. Ss430 and ss316l (not together)

I've tried different sizes on id 2, 2.5, 3.
Everything from 4 to 9 wraps.
Spacing on coils.

I've gotten coils ranging from 0.2 to 0.6 ohms.
I've used temp ranging from 420F and up.
Watt ranging from 40 and up.
Tcr value from 0.00090 and up.
I've locked resistance as well.

Here's the issue:
When I install a fresh build, everything works fine the first couple of hits. After some short sessions, the vapor decreases and everything just lose effect.
I slowly increase the various settings, I've tried different values but always end up singing the cotton.
I've been wrapping new coils every evening and really starting to feel frustrated.
If anyone can shed some light on my situation it would mean a lot.

Your first issue is the smok. Its a smok therefore its crap
Second issue is for temp mode to work you are better with coils that are around 0.25-0.35 in my experience also with stainless steel can be very fiddly as when you preburn the coils anything above 20w knackers the coil I generally do about 18 then 25 then 40 after that once you have preburned the coil got it wicked etc then any wattage is ok.
430 can snap and burn easily so you need to be careful with it.
Also when putting cotton through the coil more is better, you basically want it so its tight and cannot be pulled back out without thinning out the cotton that comes out of the coils.
Also spacing the coils is not a prerequesite but it can help with material like ss430

Thats my advice anyway and I always use temp mode or replay since I usually use DNA mods

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Your first issue is the smok. Its a smok therefore its crap
Second issue is for temp mode to work you are better with coils that are around 0.25-0.35 in my experience also with stainless steel can be very fiddly as when you preburn the coils anything above 20w knackers the coil I generally do about 18 then 25 then 40 after that once you have preburned the coil got it wicked etc then any wattage is ok.
430 can snap and burn easily so you need to be careful with it.
Also when putting cotton through the coil more is better, you basically want it so its tight and cannot be pulled back out without thinning out the cotton that comes out of the coils.
Also spacing the coils is not a prerequesite but it can help with material like ss430

Thats my advice anyway and I always use temp mode or replay since I usually use DNA mods

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Cheers for the detailed response: )
So you're saying I should pre-burn the coil at 18w, 25w and then lastly 40w before fitting cotton?
Any recommendations concerning coil values? Like id and wraps?

Cheers for the detailed response: )
So you're saying I should pre-burn the coil at 18w, 25w and then lastly 40w before fitting cotton?
Any recommendations concerning coil values? Like id and wraps?

Yes for preburn
wraps I do 6 upwards I generally do 7 but like I said anything that makes atleast 0.25ohms to 0.35 you should be good

Never owned any smok products, but I can't imagine they are any better on TC than the aegis, which I found abysmal for TC.

Never owned any smok products, but I can't imagine they are any better on TC than the aegis, which I found abysmal for TC.
Uggh, i was afraid someone would say that, i just got a whole bunch of stainless wire i was hoping to use with tc and i was gonna be using my aegis's.

Can anyone recommend any products other than dna's that are good with tc, or just stick with dna?

How do vaporesso omni boards rate?

Last edited:
Uggh, i was afraid someone would say that, i just got a whole bunch of stainless wire i was hoping to use with tc and i was gonna be using my aegis's.

Can anyone recommend any products other than dna's that are good with tc, or just stick with dna?

The Omni 2.6 / Axon perform well for me with SS316L but I've seen posts before of people having trouble with it, not sure what they were doing/if they were using a different material. Yihi boards aren't a bad shout as a more budget friendly option, can get a VK530 now for £30-£35 here in the UK so that might be worth a look.

Last edited:
The Omni 2.6 / Axon perform well for me with SS316L but I've seen posts before of people having trouble with it, not sure what they were doing/if they were using a different material. Yihi boards aren't a bad shout as a more budget friendly option, can get a VK530 now for £30-£35 here in the UK so that might be worth a look.
I have some vaporesso mods so i guess i will try with them first.

Yihi boards have that battery drain issue. At least the sx mini's do. Not gonna voluntarily have to deal with that. (Dont really like the joystick either, seems breakable)

all mine work fine, even the humble pico.

the only one that didn't work was an old Kangertech but that was going back years.

I'm surprised to hear Geek Vape don't have it down by now, I don't own any of their mods though.

Back
Top Bottom