What's new

Tank cracking

madpiano

Postman
Ok, now come all the noob questions. I started vaping last Friday, and have been glued to Forums and Blogs since, trying to understand it all.
Gosh, cigarettes were never this complicated.
Now my question: I understand tank cracking and where it comes from. But I see this only mentioned with proper see through tanks. I have an eGo-C with those cartridges. I have no idea what they are made from, actually feels like HDPE, which would be awesome as it withstands most fragrance components. But I would love to try some citrus flavours, just don't need the cartridges leaking anymore than they already do or breaking or do other silly things.
Does anyone know, if they have the same problem? This is for the original Joyetech cartridges.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Since I started making my own liquid I've come to the opinion that the sooner the clearo makers stop using polycarbonate for tank materials the better.

It turns out that 90% of the liquids I'm currently working on contain tank cracking ingredients :(

As far as tank cracking goes it's NOT the thing cracking and leaking that should concern you.

Things like Triacetin dissolve polycarbonate based plastics, which over time leads to the tank frosting, or cracking and leaking. BUT in the meantime before the tank fails some of the plastic is being melted, and it melts into the e-liquid, which you then vape.

So you're inhaling plastic fumes, which can't possibly be good for you.

The absolute best material to make a tank out of is glass. If you want to use flavours that you think might cause a problem then get a ProTank or a Davide Tank or a n other tank that's made from glass. Just bout all of them have either a 510 connection or an eGo connection and you can screw either of those onto an eGo-C quite happily.

Most glass tanks are made from Borosilicate glass (pyrex) and are actually really hard to break. I've dropped various tanks more times than I care to admit and I've not broken one yet.

Get yourself a protank 2 mini and vape what you like, it has a glass tank, going for about £9.99 now

It would have to be really strong to crack the tank, high citrus or cinnamon flavours. I used CE5's for ages on Cinnamon and no cracking.

alot of the plastic ones are considered disposable like the CE5's and your tank will probably outlast your coil so don't panic

That said, I find plastic tanks effect the taste of your juice slightly

So Protank 2 mini all the way

Ah yes... Buying tanks....I am sure I won't be able to resist for long, but for now I am quite happy with the cartridges. I like the sleek look of the whole set up.
I have the original joyetech eGo-C with Type A cartridges. The normal starter pack.
I do like the look of some of those coloured tanks.... Clearomizers? No idea. Still trying to figure it all out.

Oh, and VaperCaper, Linalool loves to eat plastic. But it doesn't actually melt them, just cracks and shatters poly-type plastics. Perfectly safe in HDPE though and even perfectly safe on skin and edible. I don't understand why those people who make tanks use plastics that are affected by fragrances? It seems silly? I mean not just etching, but proper breaking them?

Polycarbonate or acrylic tanks have their problems, vaping any eliquid should really be done with glass or pyrex tanks, stops any issues and i dont want to be vaping juice mixed with plastic, but saying that ive never had a tank cracking juice break any of my evods [Yet] and they are pc, I get on well with protanks, feel like quality too.

Oh god... I swore I won't get into all this tank buying.... I think there is no escape. I will have to look at something small, slim and pretty.... Pink? Glitter? And then of course I will need a new battery to match.... And some more juice.... What have I started????

Lol pink diamonte studded ego with a pink glass protank 2 mini. Doesnt get any girlier lol

Oh, and VaperCaper, Linalool loves to eat plastic. But it doesn't actually melt them, just cracks and shatters poly-type plastics. Perfectly safe in HDPE though and even perfectly safe on skin and edible. I don't understand why those people who make tanks use plastics that are affected by fragrances? It seems silly? I mean not just etching, but proper breaking them?

I don't think linalool is in any food flavours, though I might be wrong. The tank makers use polycarbonate mostly cos it's dirt cheap and presumably also because their factories are setup to use it already. All of the best ingredients I've so far found that make e-liquids much better tend to use one or more of the known problematic compounds.

I know that working with foods the ONLY container that will not taint something stored in it eventually is a glass one (which you can't use in a commercial kitchen for obvious reasons)

the what have I started thing is known as "shinyitus" and it afflicts most vapers for at least some amount of time, though it usually subsides given enough time.

As long as what you are using keeps you off smoking cigarettes then it's all gravy. If the cartridges you're using now are hitting the spot for you then good times. It doesn't matter what you use to vape, somewhere there is something better. All that really matters though is keeping off the smokes at the end of the day. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom