POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Tank/Coil recommendations for TC newbie

Discussion in 'New User Questions and Discussion' started by Rich71, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Rich71

Rich71 Member

Hi Alll - just got myself a mechman 80W tube mod as I needed a spare for my main setup and they were literally giving them away in the shop.

I noticed it has TC and thinking of giving it a go. I was looking to buy a new tank anyway - one that I can extend the glass on - so thinking of getting one that has compatible TC coils. Probably >=1ohm as MTLing. So SS316, right?

Looking around I've come across the Joyetech Cubis with it's 1ohm SS coils. Any good? Any other alternatives? Help appreciated!

2. RAPTOREX

RAPTOREX Achiever

I think the Mechman 80 probably isn't a mod to try TC with. It's performance, is hardly stellar., in that department

3. Rich71

Rich71 Member

Yeah I'd read some mixed reviews of the TC on this mod. But I need another tank anyway and with SS coils I could always revert back to wattage mode... so my thinking is I wouldn't lose out on my investment if the TC was no good.

4. RAPTOREX

RAPTOREX Achiever

I'm lost on tanks. I build and wick my own coils. I've no idea about any OEM mtl setups, sorry. Not sure there's too many, outside of pods and aios