What's new

Sugars in juice

Alzeeb

Postman
This is probably one of those stupid questions, but....... is there any sugar in eliquids?

I ask the question because after having a diabetic check up my Hb1Ac has skyrocketed to 77 over the last few months.
And just reading stuff, it's pretty clear that sweeter liquids tend to gunk up tanks more.
It's just weird in my eyes as I've somehow lost about a stone in the last year, and you would expect this reading to be a bit lower than previous readings as well as they kinda go hand-in-hand, and my diet hasn't regressed to any much of an extent really. so just kinda wondering if juice might have made a difference and if I should rethink what types of juice I should use

Glycerin is technically a sugar alcohol .... I have no idea how that would affect diabetes, if at all. But yes sugars are found in e-liquid.

loads in some!
Its not sugar as you would think of it though not like golden spoon

Its sweeteners, Normally Sucralose or Stevia which (even ingested) do not have the same effect on the body as sugar.

most concentrate flavourings contain these also .. even if you dont put it in separately.

thanks for the comments folks. I'm getting a glucose monitor any way to monitor myself generally. I'll see if my small sample size may prove probably very little
wonder if I can get some research funding

This is probably one of those stupid questions, but....... is there any sugar in eliquids?

I ask the question because after having a diabetic check up my Hb1Ac has skyrocketed to 77 over the last few months.
And just reading stuff, it's pretty clear that sweeter liquids tend to gunk up tanks more.
It's just weird in my eyes as I've somehow lost about a stone in the last year, and you would expect this reading to be a bit lower than previous readings as well as they kinda go hand-in-hand, and my diet hasn't regressed to any much of an extent really. so just kinda wondering if juice might have made a difference and if I should rethink what types of juice I should use

Are you type 1 or type 2?. I am type 1 so it's a simple fix if my sugar rises but i doubt eliquids cause any rise in Blood sugars due to the fact there is no sugar in eliquids there are sweetners added but no actual sugar, if sugar where to be including then the liquids would give off poisonous chemicals. If you are type one let me know what insulin(s) you use and i might be able to help you keep your levels down

Its not sugar as you would think of it though not like golden spoon

Its sweeteners, Normally Sucralose or Stevia which (even ingested) do not have the same effect on the body as sugar.

most concentrate flavourings contain these also .. even if you dont put it in separately.
Ok Ok i stand corrected. Learn something new everyday, Cheers :)

Ok Ok i stand corrected. Learn something new everyday, Cheers :)

Matt if you had been on the forum a few years back there where threads about harmful chemicals . Apparently custards are one of the flavours that emit them but it's such a minute amount compared to smoking hence the v2 flavours by cappela the v2 Vanilla custard is no where near the flavour of v1 but gives off less or no chemical. Stuff like Stevia, super sweet, candy floss, are all vapable sweetners which are not dangerous when heated. Real sugar would be almost as harmful as smoking ie it gives off carcinogens.

Matt if you had been on the forum a few years back there where threads about harmful chemicals . Apparently custards are one of the flavours that emit them but it's such a minute amount compared to smoking hence the v2 flavours by cappela the v2 Vanilla custard is no where near the flavour of v1 but gives off less or no chemical. Stuff like Stevia, super sweet, candy floss, are all vapable sweetners which are not dangerous when heated. Real sugar would be almost as harmful as smoking ie it gives off carcinogens.
Thanks for that Matt. I was told about the version 2 flavours a while back, but in a round about way as you have just put it a lot clearer and easy to understand. Im all up for learning most things as it is interesting and keeps the brain ticking along. We have to catch up soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom