What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Source for working kangertech coils

moonwhistle

The last few batches that I bought from Amazon and Ebay have all been garbage. Mostly they taste burnt despite careful priming, some are even so badly manufactured that they don't screw in properly.

Does anyone know of a reliable online source for replacement coils for the kanger sub box mini?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is driving me nuts!

I've always found fasttech to be the best. They always seem to be the latest stock, they're cheap, and tbh on they seem to perform better than the bulk lot I got on a deal from a UK-based website.

Edit - If you need asap and/or want to buy from the UK, try JAC Vapour. They have great CS in case you find the coils aren't up to standard, also they have 50% off lots of them at the mo and free express delivery in January https://www.jacvapour.com/coils/kanger-coils

I've always found fasttech to be the best. They always seem to be the latest stock, they're cheap, and tbh on they seem to perform better than the bulk lot I got on a deal from a UK-based website.

Edit - If you need asap and/or want to buy from the UK, try JAC Vapour. They have great CS in case you find the coils aren't up to standard, also they have 50% off lots of them at the mo and free express delivery in January https://www.jacvapour.com/coils/kanger-coils

Thank you! I'll try them out.

hi and welcome to the planet.

would help to know which coils you are using, ohms and wattage used.
original OCC with a line around the coil
newer crap OCC coils which most places are selling now
SSOCC round coils

hi and welcome to the planet.

would help to know which coils you are using, ohms and wattage used.
original OCC with a line around the coil
newer crap OCC coils which most places are selling now
SSOCC round coils

Hello and thank you. I am using SSOCC 1.2ohm at around 10W in a kanger sub box mini. They are the newer round coils.

I had years of hassle free vaping with the same setup and the older square coils but for the last few months every batch that I've bought has been trash. Whether I spend 5-10 GBP most if not all of them are useless. They all claim to be genuine of course. I don't even care if they are fake if they actually work and last longer than a few days. How hard can it be to produce a working coil?

Hello and thank you. I am using SSOCC 1.2ohm at around 10W in a kanger sub box mini. They are the newer round coils.

I had years of hassle free vaping with the same setup and the older square coils but for the last few months every batch that I've bought has been trash. Whether I spend 5-10 GBP most if not all of them are useless. They all claim to be genuine of course. I don't even care if they are fake if they actually work and last longer than a few days. How hard can it be to produce a working coil?
I use the 1.2 or 1.5 (new round type with 3 holes) at 15w. Like I said usually from buy fasttech (just check the word 'authentic' is in the name). Reason I've stuck kanger ones for so long is I find they last anywhere from 4-8 weeks. So yep seems like you got some duds. For reference I vape 60pg/40vg which obviously can affect coil lifespan too.

weve seen the same with all makes of coils. a box could have only 2 or 3 good ones then the rest were naff.
i ve only bought one box of the round 1.2 about 18 months ago and still got 2 coils left as they werent great. i did buy quite a few boxxes of the 0.5 which are a lot better.

there are also a lot of clone or fake coils out there.
the link above for jac vapour is worth a go.

another thing i forgot to ask was what ratio vg/pg juice you using and what make. quite a lot are high on sweeteners and higher vg which the 1.2 dont like much. i always used 50/50 or max 70vg with those coils at 16-18w. the ssocc are rated 12-25watts.

weve seen the same with all makes of coils. a box could have only 2 or 3 good ones then the rest were naff.
i ve only bought one box of the round 1.2 about 18 months ago and still got 2 coils left as they werent great. i did buy quite a few boxxes of the 0.5 which are a lot better.

there are also a lot of clone or fake coils out there.
the link above for jac vapour is worth a go.

another thing i forgot to ask was what ratio vg/pg juice you using and what make. quite a lot are high on sweeteners and higher vg which the 1.2 dont like much. i always used 50/50 or max 70vg with those coils at 16-18w. the ssocc are rated 12-25watts.

At the moment I've got 70PG/30VG but generally it's pretty random as I often buy in pound shops.

The .5ohm coils don't work for me as I vape 18mg nicotene which I gather is unsuitable for sub ohm vaping.

Pretty much answered above but check your previous source of coils aren't the barrel shape with only two wick holes. These where replaced very quickly by the larger diameter three hole version (two large hole one small). The smaller one's didn't have enough wick room and ended up dying pretty quickly.
Myepack did still have some original occ coils last I looked. Vapeclub, smoke purer all hold genuine stock too. Evolution vaping sell them individually at reasonable prices too if your a little strapped.

70PG should be fine in them coils as its quite thin juice. we dont see much higher pg juice out there now.
last time i used higher pg was when i first started 3 years ago so cant help much with the juice.

some of the cheap stuff in the pound shops ive heard can be a bit naff so might be worth taking a look through Simons mouth to lung juice list. link can be found on post 7 here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Back
Top Bottom