What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Siren 2 leaking problem

Baskervill

Hi guys,
Yesterday received Siren 2 and I've build it and filled up with juice. Today it is almost empty and there is small amount of juice on the table. Now I reasambled it and filled up again and I see a leak on the airflows.
Need help!
(Sorry on my english)

Use a slightly (but not much) thicker piece of cotton to fill the wick slots each side. Too little cotton causes leaking. Too much causes dry hits. Need to find something in the middle.

Thanks man, I'll try to rebuild it tomorrow. Just want to say that I thought I did a good job yesterday because muji was pretty tight in the coil... Will repeat tomorrow thicker and tighter... [emoji16]

Thanks man, I'll try to rebuild it tomorrow. Just want to say that I thought I did a good job yesterday because muji was pretty tight in the coil... Will repeat tomorrow thicker and tighter... [emoji16]
What diameter coil are you using?

If one of the orings is off slightly, you under wick(you'd have to under wick quite heavily imho) or blow into the tank during use you might see some seepage from the air holes. If leaking becomes frequent and happens to the point you're mobbing up liquid constantly something possibly isn't assembled quite right and i'd suggest breaking it all down and putting it back together again(which is a real pain if you've just filled it up). Personally(and i've seen people suggest the opposite) i don't ever close off the air flow when i fill it up, from a fresh build or mid-use(just leave it as is, usually 3 or 4 holes for me), i've found seeping happens more when i do(presume that's due to changes in pressure by closing off the air intake).

Whenever i've cleaned and rebuilt the tank i make a habit of initially only filling with a small amount of liquid(1-2ml), so that way if i have any leaks, the wicking is off or the coil build isn't quite working out or not enjoying a liquid i'm testing, i've only got a small amount of liquid to use before i can get in there and fix it(ie. test the build before trusting it's good).

If you have the tank completely filled, use some paper towels to mop up around the air flow rings as best you can, open it up fully(5 air holes) and give it a bunch of heavy pulls, then close off to the smallest and give it some heavy pulls again, mopping up juice around the air flow as best you can, and then fingers crossed it'll ease up and stop seeping so much. If the juice is leaking anywhere other than the air holes, there's possibly an oring out of place or something not quite screwed in right(which you'll only fix rebuilding the tank).

P.S. I've used 2.5 - 4mm ID in this tank(tested a variety of builds), the larger ID(and conseqently wicking) tends to clog the juice holes a bit too much in my experience unless you really thin out the ends of your wicks and make sure they aren't too long(you should barely see them once the tank is assembled). 2.5 - 3mm seems to be the sweet spot for this tank in my experience.

Last edited:
3.0 mm, Kanthal 28 GA, thinking 8 wraps
OK, that should mean you have enough cotton already as long as you're not thinning it out too much at the ends. I thought maybe you were using a 2.5mm or smaller. A 3mm coil should give you plenty of cotton. If you're thinning the cotton ends then don't thin them out quite so much. If you're not thinning them out then it could be a seal. Check to make sure the o-rings are not damaged and they give a proper seal, especially the o-ring on the base of the tank. It's where the glass sits when you screw it together. Quite often brand new tanks have the o-rings stuck to the glass straight out of the box and they're easy to damage when removing them.

Hmmm, now I'm starting to understand that the ends of cotton are actually seal for liquid... Damn, I reasambled atty 1 hour ago and not leaking yet, but I think My cotton in coil is too tight so i can't say I have a dry hit but the flavour isn't nothing special... Will see the leak first, if yes than I should probably leave longer ends of cotton to seal the chamber...
Thx guys, you're helping a lot!

If you are worried about the cotton being too tight through the coil to have enough cotton at the ends to seal the juice intakes, you can always use less cotton through the coil, and then add a little strip of cotton at each end, laying the small piece onto the main wick, to give you more cotton at the ends than in the middle, if that makes sense.

This was a technique used by some on the Siren 1.

Experiment, it's a great tank overall, i've had my share of poor builds and still do today, never a terrible time, just a relatively different experience to the last(i blame it on experiementing with different juices). In honestly, i'm the only constant in the mix(trying to keep track of what i'm doing as i go, making mental notes).

Currently vaping 70VG rejuiced liquid on a 28ga Kanthal spaced coil,1.52 ohms(however many wraps that is - i don't count, just aim for ohms) @ 13W, with 3-4 air holes open.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom