What's new

Side effects of vaping...

Ok...I'm writing this down, more for my own sanity than anything else, but maybe you guys can spot something that I can't?

I've had 3 main episodes of being excessively wheezy that don't seem to have anything in common...

1. Vaping about 4wks, using a stock coil in my protank, with original silica and a 50/50 juice that I'd used previously with no problems.

2. Last weekend, vaping about 6wks, using a stock coil in my protank, that had just been rewicked with cotton and a 70/30 juice that I have used frequently with no problems. Changing the coil solved problem instantly.

3. Tonight, using a coil that I built yesterday in my protank, just rewicked with cotton due to a flavour change, using a 50/50 juice that I've used before. This coil has been perfect all day today. Also, right now, my evod is giving me no problems at all.

The only thing that is the same in all 3 is my protank. But when I switched coils last weekend it stopped instantly!!

Seriously confused!!

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Actually....thinking about it, all 3 episode have occurred after cleaning and changing flavour and/or wick. Although...it doesn't happen every time I clean/wick....

I occasionally get that 'smoked way too many last night' sore chest. But when I'm at home I give the vaping some welly so it stands to reason I guess.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I seem to be asking a lot of questions today...

Ok, I have been vaping for just over 6wks. A couple of weeks ago I noticed I was getting wheezy for about 20min after each vape session. I was using a liquid (50/50), that I had used with no trouble before, in my usual set up. This lasted a few days and then it just stopped...

Then tonight I get the same thing. Different juice this time (70vg/30pg), again I've been vaping this juice with no problems for the last week, and then all of a sudden I'm really wheezy again.

I have recently moved to cotton wicks, but the first episode happened with a standard silica kanger coil, so not sure this is the cause.

Please help...confused

Do you use nicotine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

hey guys, so from someone that was smoking for appox 23 years almost 40 a day! now i have been vaping for approx 4-5 months with only a few side effects.

I have read some very interesting points in the last 45 odd pages, im glad to know that im not the only one that has been experiencing odd things, like an enlarged wallet, odd colour in my fingers as i read way back at the beginning ;)

something i have found that I have not read is my nose & smell, i will be sitting as i am, barely breathing and i smell an almost gassy smell, i first though it had been because i had been taking antibiotics but now 3 weeks afterwards and the smell has not gone away.. i have possibly figured out that its from when i breath out the smoke through my nose that when vaping ('double clutching' in through your mouth out through your nose and repeat) one does this a hell of a lot more than when we smoked. this is really annoying and the smell alone can make me nauseous/ give me a headache.

the others i can concur with eg. headaches but mainly when changing from nic (anything from 6mg to 18mg) to non nic (0mg) but that would be withdrawal symptoms from no nicotine.

I cant tell you what ratio of pg or vg as it doesn't say so on the bottles that i get, mainly from Twisp or vape from a colleague from work (Liqua).

One thing i have realised is that drinking coke and coffee certainly doesn't help & that water is definitely needed.

Fortunately for me the side affects have just been the ulcers which are now cleared up. A friend of mine told me to eat yoghurt as this helps in the healing process of ulcers. Whether its true or not I took her advice as I like yoghurt so I now try and have 2 yoghurt's a day .

Odd but true . Since I have stopped smoking and started vaping I have a bit of a craving for a yoghurt on a daily basis. This is probably due to my taste buds returning to normal .

Also sense of smell has returned which can be good or bad depending who you are standing next to

Been vaping for 7-8 weeks after 32 years averaging 20 cigs a day. No noticeable side effects, just a slightly sore/dry throat if I chain vape. Loving my increased bank balance as not suffering from shinyitis but our living room looks like an alchemists shop!
So far so good.

odd smell

I can basically explain the smell as being from when one uses bleach or (jik), if on your hands, its a really odd smell and i cant make it go away, its damn annoying.
so much so that we had some people doing repairs in our offices on saturday and they were using 'genkem' glue, it was so bad that some people left but i couldnt even smell it due to this damn smell from my nose.

any ideas would be really helpful.
this forum is the only place that i know about or have found that i can ask this.

Back
Top Bottom