What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Shake n Vape Steeping - Shakey Wakey

I know there are sceptics out there regarding steeping, I have yet to find any of my self mixes, bottle shots, short fills or shake n vapes that haven't benefited from a good steep.

My best example is my core flavoured juice from Vape Avenue, 100ml bottle, before you add the nic shot (I only add 10ml of 18mg VG) it's near clear, add the nicotine, shake the hell out of it and let it settle for a couple of hours, repeat.

Result = similar colour and near tasteless.

I have learned to treat it as a new steep and the more I shake n steep it the better it gets, it starts to peek around 2 weeks but just gets better & better, I now have a production line going so I never run out of steeped 'shake n vape'.

To illustrate it I have 3 bottles on the go, all from the same batch and over a month old:
1 - As is without nicotine.
2 - 1 week old after nicotine and steeping (shake it a couple of time a day and store in dark cupboard)
3 - 3 weeks old and using (as you can tell) and the flavour is sublime, just soooo good.

I know nicotine darkens the colour over time but it's all about the flavour.

You can tell by the colours that it's steeping, I have tried it after 1 week and it's okay(ish) but nowhere near as good as 3-4 weeks.

It's all about personal preferences and patience but I choose Steeping every time :)

Shake-n-vape.jpg

I have some LP Crust steeping as I type this, like you I have only added 1 nic shot to 80ml of juice, would normally add 2 but looking for a stronger flavour! Never tried it before but have high hopes!

I agree as well about steeping shake n vapes, maybe fruits are good to go but dessert, cream juices etc definitely benefit from being left. I had some El Diablo Mambo which was almost flavourless after adding nic, now 2-3 weeks later its starting to sing!

Dunc

I prefer to call it blend or rest time as steeping refers to the infusion of flavours from solids being soaked in liquids.
Great post though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steeping
You'd better re-educate the whole vaping world then, steeping is the universally accepted term.
Maybe, given time, and the acceptance of vaping as an effective NRT the OED may update their definition....... [emoji23]

You'd better re-educate the whole vaping world then, steeping is the universally accepted term.
Maybe, given time, and the acceptance of vaping as an effective NRT the OED may update their definition....... [emoji23]
I still call it steep time and dont think we will change now its cemented in vaping law.

Atomiser is also a technically incorrect term that’s now completely embedded in vaping lingo so I suspect you’ll have a hard job convincing anyone to change [emoji14]
Yep!
My Nan had an atomiser full of lavender water on her dressing table years before vaping became mainstream.... [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom