What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Serpent wire????

Loki.777

Initiate
I'm thinking about getting a Serpent smm. I'm pretty new to this I built single coils a long time ago for a lemo. I don't have much experiance or have any knowledge.

Can you guys help me out. I don't want to buy pre made coils. I want to make my own. I want to vape at a lowish wattage mabye a around 30 to 35 or lower DHL.

I was looking at SS wire....

"Description
Vandy Vape high quality SS316L Wire Spools suitable for Wattage Mode or Temperature Control. Lengths vary with wire thickness, please see below for available types & lengths:

24ga 30ft

26ga 30ft

28ga 30ft

26ga+30ga 10ft

Fused Clapton 24ga*2(=)+32ga 10ft

Fused Clapton 26ga*2(=)+30ga 10ft

Fused Clapton 28ga*2(=)+30ga 10ft

Flat Clapton 26ga*18ga+32ga 10ft

Juggernaut(28ga+37ga)*2+24ga*37ga 10ft

Stagger Fused Clapton(26ga+32ga)*2+32ga 10ft

Twisted Clapton Wire SS316L/28ga*2(&)+30ga 10ft"

My preference is towards the single wire as it's what I've used before and am familiar with. I may or may not play around and use tc, but im mainly wattage mode. I also like the fact it's cheaper and you get more of it.

Can you recommend what I should buy? Just getting back into it and want to keep it simple but effective.

SS316L is only really suitable if you are going to use TC mode or a mech mod for wattage mode i would use as above but in kanthal or NI80 fused clapton ..........

I agree with ripple, just get the 26awg to start with. See how you get on with the tank and making coils before you start experimenting with anything else. I'm not sure why bulldog is saying what he is, it's not my experience, I use SS316L for everything, it's not only suitable, it's better imo.

Do yourself a favour, get the Oumier Wasp Nano RTA instead of the Serpent, far better and easier to build and wick, the included coil works a treat too (Ni80 I think).

I reviewed both and gave the Serpent away, it's far from a newbie friendly RTA.

Do yourself a favour, get the Oumier Wasp Nano RTA instead of the Serpent, far better and easier to build and wick, the included coil works a treat too (Ni80 I think).

What??!?

The smm is virtually idiot-proof!

I was looking at the wasp but I did not like the look of the plastic top can and was I little wary that the plastic threads would strip over time.

I wanted to get the regular smm, but I made a mistake when ordering and ended up with a serpent elevate.

I read it was not beginner friendly and hard to wick right. So I was a little apprehensive.

I wicked it first time and found it pretty easy. I've had it a few days now and very impressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom