What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Satisfying MTL juice combos?

LOL, I guess you missed my Top 5 thread @eyeball kid
Lol. No I'm going to add to your thread once I've decided my current faves.
I used to use the nautilus pretty consistent from its release (going back a few years now) along with the aerovape. Rta wise the calix and heron where always king. Obviously the kayfuns, russians and taifuns where everyday tanks for me too. Just after the kayfun mini v3 came out I switched to mtl squonking so I've only been catching up with recent releases since christmas so I need to 're sort my top five.

I missed most of those older tanks as I only took up vaping again just over a year ago. My previous doomed effort involved the Aspire K1, so not really experienced the joys of Russians, taifuns etc.

I sometimes wonder how relevant some of them are compared to today's MTL offerings, but if you already have one I'd imagine they still do the job.

I missed most of those older tanks as I only took up vaping again just over a year ago. My previous doomed effort involved the Aspire K1, so not really experienced the joys of Russians, taifuns etc.

I sometimes wonder how relevant some of them are compared to today's MTL offerings, but if you already have one I'd imagine they still do the job.
Oh, I was chatting with another senior ape here the other day and it's a bit like everyone thinks they've found perfection with the latest run of mtl rta' s but in reality what has happened is you have more choices at reasonable prices now.
I doubt any of the recent releases would beat a genuine heron, taifun Kayfun lite, or calix from years back for pure mtl.
It's a little bit of the emperors New clothes really and build wise I doubt many of the recent batch will stand up to the longevity of the older ones.
As ZT recently said he has a clutch of herons that are in daily use for his own vaping and manabush testing and in the year's that he's had them, not one has even required a new o ring let alone anything else.
We shall see.

I will add if you enjoy tobacco or fruit mtl juices too you can go one better too by investigating the genny tanks.
Tanks like the nextiny properly set up are another level of flavour but it's definitely an art form setting them up properly.

I will add if you enjoy tobacco

That's a very interesting call. For the first year I was kinda scared to try any tobacco vapes in case it put me back on the stinkies, but around Christmas time I reckoned the chances of relapsing were higher if I had a drink or two.

As I DIY all my liquids at around 2mg, I bought some BCL tobaccos and made it up to 8mg. 5 months down the line, I really, really like Turkish vapes, but have since throttled back the nic to 4mg. I enjoy BCL's sultan the most and absolutely adore the flavour off it, it's now my ADV, closely followed by their Turk, amazing in my Berserker Mini, I also like their Desert Ship in the Skyline. I enjoy their virginia's occasionally, but the Turkish are my go to's.

Fruit's I DTL Vapable's Wild Berries on a mech. Work out that contradiction, but hey, it works for me when I wanna just give the lungs a rattle, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been avoiding Manabush because of tobacco flavours. Firstly coz my first juice was Halo Red American and it was disgusting, but secondly because after only 2 months and still struggling, I was scared of a relapse.

But today I finally decided to take the risk (maybe stupidly) and ordered... (from my notes)

Spiritwalker Nanabozho - Banana

Spiritwalker Wenebojo - Maple and Pecan

Manabush Ixcacao - Dark Chocolate Sweet Tobacco

Still nervous but it's driving me nuts hearing everyone raving about it lol :D

That's a very interesting call. For the first year I was kinda scared to try any tobacco vapes in case it put me back on the stinkies, but around Christmas time I reckoned the chances of relapsing were higher if I has a drink or two.

As I DIY all my liquids at around 2mg, I bought some BCL tobaccos and made it up to 8mg. 5 months down the line, I really, really like Turkish vapes, but have since throttled back the nic to 4mg. I enjoy BCL's sultan the most and absolutely adore the flavour off it, it's now my ADV, closely followed by their Turk, amazing in my Berserker Mini, I also like their Desert Ship in the Skyline. I enjoy their virginia's occasionally, but the Turkish are my go to's.

Fruit's I DTL Vapable's Wild Berries on a mech. Work out that contradiction, but hey, it works for me when I wanna just give the lungs a rattle, LOL
Yeah don't put yourself in an airflow, wattage or ohmage box. Whatever works works.
I vape tight mtl all day around the 1-1.2 mm airflow area and 1- 1.2 ohm (3.7v)
But some juices suit a slightly bigger airflow and just sub ohm coil like pf vapes in the skyline or rose v3 with a more open airflow and warmer vape and sometimes I will crack out the tsunami or Kennedy and let fly with some high by juice.
I do like the sultan juice it's very good.
I avoided tobacco eliquid at first because to be honest it was generally very poor.
Things are different now with some great juices. I've mainly settled on three or four flavours which I vape most of the time but every now and then I find something interesting.

But today I finally decided to take the risk (maybe stupidly) and ordered... (from my notes)

All I can say is they taste nothing like cigarettes, if anything, now your tastebuds have reawakened, you'll enjoy it more, even better, if the nic's high enough, it might even help you combat the cravings better.

All I can say is they taste nothing like cigarettes, if anything, now your tastebuds have reawakened, you'll enjoy it more, even better, if the nic's high enough, it might even help you combat the cravings better.
I'm standard 18mg for MTL. For DTL it's 6mg or 3mg for shortfills

But now I'm DIYing some of my juice I can make both 18mg and 6mg.

Back
Top Bottom