What's new

Same juice different flavour

Paul` Wainwright

Initiate
Is it possible to give an accurate review of a flavour when your tank and coil play a massive part in how the juice tastes. I recently tried a raspberry and menthol mix. With a Pyro and a duel 6 wrap clapton i could really taste the fruit element but with a Dead Rabbit and a 7 wrap flat clapton the menthol really popped out..Both really nice vapes but totaly different.. So if someone asks me how it tastes il have to ask what they are planning on vaping it with

Is it possible to give an accurate review of a flavour when your tank and coil play a massive part in how the juice tastes. I recently tried a raspberry and menthol mix. With a Pyro and a duel 6 wrap clapton i could really taste the fruit element but with a Dead Rabbit and a 7 wrap flat clapton the menthol really popped out..Both really nice vapes but totaly different.. So if someone asks me how it tastes il have to ask what they are planning on vaping it with

Absolutely m8. I'm currently vaping cola shades on three mods - it's certainly different on each mod

Stange thing is i have never found a juice that tastes bad with one set up taste better with a different set up.

I notice a difference with some liquid even just changing the power by 1w or less, in the same tank.

I find that also depending on the wattage that the flavour changes. Also time of day and what you have eaten and drunk - I guess its all down to the tastebuds at the time.

If your reviewing juices you definitely need to use a few set ups. Some of my favourites can be ruined by too low ohms and high wattage and equally some juices don't come alive until they are used in a low ohm high wattage set up.
Pf vapes lemon grab is possibly my favourite fruit liquid but I can't bare it bellow 0.5 ohms.

essentially it's not possible to review e-liquids, unless you know that A: the person has similar tastes to you and B: they are using similar gear and power settings.

There's a few people's tastebuds I trust and none of them are reviewers.

Is it possible to give an accurate review of a flavour
I don't think so. It's totally subjective and as you've pointed out, the kit changes things. I have many setups, partly because I have chronic shinyitis, but also because for me fruity flavours are better at high Watts, coffee at low Watts, cake needs more air than chocolate etc etc.

I don't think so. It's totally subjective and as you've pointed out, the kit changes things. I have many setups, partly because I have chronic shinyitis, but also because for me fruity flavours are better at high Watts, coffee at low Watts, cake needs more air than chocolate etc etc.
So do you think manufacturers should give guidelines as to wattage etc for any given juice?

I think a bad juice will taste bad regardless of the coil or wattage. A good juice will taste different but still be good in the end.

No matter how different the taste, it won't make a bad juice good. Might make it bearable but that's not really what you want.

Back
Top Bottom