What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RTA Cotton

ericscicluna

Initiate
Hi all,

As some might know from my past posts on this forum, I've recently made the switch to a Kylin M RTA instead of the traditional Sub-Ohm coils.

I will never go back to standard coils as there are too many positive reasons why to remain using an RTA.
I might get something better than the Kylin M eventually but I'm quite happy for the time being.

My question today is "cotton"...
I've bought a pack of "Cotton Bacon V2" after reading too many positive reviews online about this...
But unfortunately, I'm finding it taking quite a good while until it breaks in and in my opinion, it doesn't produce that much flavour as mentioned in some of the reviews. People seem to over-rate this cotton in my opinion.

What are your thoughts? Is there any other cotton I should definitely purchase and try (flavour wise) in your opinion? I was going to get a pack of "Cotton Gods" since I've read good stuff about it too...

I really appreciate your feedback as usual :)
Cheers ;)

I was using Cotton Bacon V2 and Prime on my Kylin M Pro and Wotofo Profile M.

I decided to try Labo Puff. No breaking in, much better flavour. I won’t be going back to anything else. Bought 2 bags for about £13 from Amazon, which is enough for 400 wicks. That should last a good few years :)

I was using Cotton Bacon V2 and Prime on my Kylin M Pro and Wotofo Profile M.

I decided to try Labo Puff. No breaking in, much better flavour. I won’t be going back to anything else. Bought 2 bags for about £13 from Amazon, which is enough for 400 wicks. That should last a good few years :)

Cheers <3 will give them a try for sure, not expensive

Wouldn't bother with Cotton Gods, I found it had a longer break in than CB Prime. I find Fire Bolt laces to be one of the best for wicking coils, don't know if the Mesh variant is as good. Not tried Labo or Muji but from what I've heard it's better for MTL users and I'm a RDTL'r.

Wouldn't bother with Cotton Gods, I found it had a longer break in than CB Prime. I find Fire Bolt laces to be one of the best for wicking coils, don't know if the Mesh variant is as good. Not tried Labo or Muji but from what I've heard it's better for MTL users and I'm a RDTL'r.

We'll i didn't try the "prime" only "v2"... I'm also on a mesh, and heard good things about "cotton gods" and "cotn"... I will try whatever you guys tell me pretty much. I love this forum's community!

@ericscicluna In my honest opinion I still use sterile cotton wool from about £3 out of Asda 200 balls. Flavour straight away. To me cotton wool is cotton wool.

We'll i didn't try the "prime" only "v2"... I'm also on a mesh, and heard good things about "cotton gods" and "cotn"... I will try whatever you guys tell me pretty much. I love this forum's community!

Well prime is supposedly better than V2 allegedly :hmm: I tried Cotton Gods based on good reviews but was rather disappointed with it. If I was a mesh user I would be tempted to give Fire Bolt M a bash vapefly-firebolt-m-siegfried-cotton.

Otherwise give the Labo a go, its cheap as chips and if you don't get on with it you can use it to remove your makeup. :D

I found CB prime to be much better than V2. I also use Labo for most attys

I've bought a pack of "Cotton Bacon V2" after reading too many positive reviews online about this...
But unfortunately, I'm finding it taking quite a good while until it breaks in and in my opinion, it doesn't produce that much flavour as mentioned in some of the reviews. People seem to over-rate this cotton in my opinion.

What are your thoughts? Is there any other cotton I should definitely purchase and try (flavour wise) in your opinion? I was going to get a pack of "Cotton Gods" since I've read good stuff about it too...

Cotton won't ever 'produce flavour' and it's all over-rated. Just try a few, find something something that works for you and use it.

Back
Top Bottom