What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Reuleaux mini setting

uviol

Hello
I'm new to vaping and just got a Reuleaux Mini Kit.
The tank is the standard Reux Mini that comes with the kit.
I lubed the coils, filled the tank halfway up and let it sit for around 15 mins.
I have gradually increased the wattage from 30W up to 50W, and each time the mouth piece gets very hot very quickly. Do I have the wrong settings on?

Hello
I'm new to vaping and just got a Reuleaux Mini Kit.
The tank is the standard Reux Mini that comes with the kit.
I lubed the coils, filled the tank halfway up and let it sit for around 15 mins.
I have gradually increased the wattage from 30W up to 50W, and each time the mouth piece gets very hot very quickly. Do I have the wrong settings on?
Depends which coil it came with. If it's the 0.2 then it should be OK up to 50W, whereas the 0.3 is more like 35W max. In either case, you should only use max wattage on a soft rampup.

Also, check that the tank sits flush on the mod. If there's a gap then heat won't be conducted from the tank to the body of the mod. The mod has many times the surface area of the tank so if the tank and the mod are fully in physical contact with each other, the heat can radiate away much more quickly. A common cause of tanks getting too hot is limited surface area due to not sitting flush on the mod.

Thanks for the reply man
The coil shows as 0.21 on the display
I don't run it higher than 30W and it seems good.
I guess the mod is packing quite some power (up to 80W) but the tank/coil cannot accommodate its power.
Any suggestions for a good tank for this mod?

Hey man,

I don't own a Reuleaux Mini but I do use a Reuleaux RX3 and would think the same information applies (I hope!).

I personally find the WM02 coil best @ 45 watts. When I used the WM01 coil (which came with it) I found anything higher than 30 watts just ruined it and things went to pot.

Back
Top Bottom