What's new

Recommended MTL RTA for 100%vg

Saul Annett

Initiate
I know it's a problematic area but I'm keen to find a MTL RTA that can offer good flavour for pure VG e liquids. And before I splash more hard earned cash, I wondered if anyone here has any suggestions?

I've tried the Berkerker mtl rda, which came highly recommended, but after much help on this forum flavour remained very muted, so I gave up. No amount of tweaking to build and materials made any difference whatsoever. Muted flavour all the way.

So I've been researching options to try again with a different tank, and i'm wondering if it might have been a quirk unique to the Berkerker. And therefore if I might have more joy with another tank completely.

I've been looking at the geekvape ammit mtl rta which caught my eye because it's well reviewed and I'm told it's more forgiving for a beginner.

Any thoughts on the ammit or recommendations for a MTL RTA that might work would be appreciated.

Why 100% VG tho? Isn't MTL aimed at like 50/50? Pure VG is for cloud chasing.

Yeah, 100% VG is for drippers only. It's just too thick for tanks.

Vg does not carry flavour as well as Pg, so flavour is always going to be muted the higher up the Vg scale you go...

I bet something like a Flash-e-vape could do it - something that relies on gravity - like the Origen Tiny Tank or 19/22. Taifun GS was the same too. I've used the Tiny and GS, ended up using 80/20 to stop them over wicking

Yes as @domejunky says, I have a friend who has the flash e vape and it could work out, the other alternative would be a squonker with a mtl rda.

Thanks all, pure VG because I'm allergic to Pg. MTL because I'm a MTL vapour and don't like DL. Weird thing is that my standard Jac Vapour S22 tank with stock coils works fine wicking wise - not brilliant but okay for a tank or two - so I don't understand why a rba couldn't work either? I wanted to build my own coils because it gets through a lot of expensive stock coils and I thought building my own would be cheaper and offer better flavour. I'll check out the suggested flash e vape suggestions. Thanks again

Thanks all, pure VG because I'm allergic to Pg. MTL because I'm a MTL vapour and don't like DL. Weird thing is that my standard Jac Vapour S22 tank with stock coils works fine wicking wise - not brilliant but okay for a tank or two - so I don't understand why a rba couldn't work either? I wanted to build my own coils because it gets through a lot of expensive stock coils and I thought building my own would be cheaper and offer better flavour. I'll check out the suggested flash e vape suggestions. Thanks again
And my other mystery is that when I've used a DL RTA the wicking is not a problem, so why would there be a wicking issue specifically with a MTL RTA?

The coil does't get as hot in MTL as usually it's lower watts so less liquid evaporated.

SXK doggystyled can wick 100% vg. I’m sure something like the corolla or the vaponaute atties, with the deck above the tank, could do it as well.

The coil does't get as hot in MTL as usually it's lower watts so less liquid evaporated.

Higher resistance, though. So I’m not sure what you say here is correct. Do mtl people set their TC mods to the same temp as cloud puffers? I suspect maybe they do...

@Saul Annett , if wicking is a problem with the pure vg you can add 10 - 20% distilled water to thin it.

Back
Top Bottom