What's new

Reccomended settings.

Glitch

Postman
Hey all, new to the forum and new to sub ohm vaping.

I've been vaping for around 4 years using a mini nautilus with a ikkle istick battery thing. All was well, then I was gifted a Asmodus Minikin v2 (stabwood) mod and a Valyrian Uwell tank.

The thing is I'm not sure how to use it properly and could really do with some help from somebody who knows their onions.

I've been vaping at 90-95w as this is the lower end of what Uwell reccomend for the tank. I had a few days without much issues, just the odd leak here and there, but it was vaping nicely.

I'm really just look for somebody to reccomend settings if possible please? please please please lol

What mode should I have it on? PWR, TEMP, TCR, TFR or what do these modes do? do I need to bother with all of them?

Today, it has been leaking, spitting, gurgling, and I keep getting juice in my mouth even when it isn't spitting.

I'm not looking to become a master at this thing, I just want to get it so it works and doesn't leave juice in my mouth.

I'm using high VG juice. I have taken the tank apart, cleaned it and checked the orings or whatever they are. They looked fine to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stick the setting to Wattage/Power, start at 40w, and work up until you enjoy the vape.

So I guess your using the Uwell Valyrian 0.15Ω Coil.
The recommend wattage for these coils is recommended to be run at 95 - 120W.
Clean tank put in a new coil on WATTAGE SETTING on mod start around 70 watts and go up but not past the 120 Watts recommended..
When using pre made/factory coils in your tank mod is always set to wattage or variable voltage...and always follow manufacture recommendations for wattage as it will always be on the coils box or coil itself.
Variable voltage is the same as wattage just in volts instead of watts for example 10 watts is around 4 volts.
I’m not very knowledgable in this department but many on here are super smart on sub ohm.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the planet @Glitch

i do like the uwell tanks but got so many that ive not bought the 3 or Valyrian yet.
i can help with the settings though.
im guessing the coils that came with the tank are to be used in wattage only so PWR=power=wattage mode.
TEMP or TC mode should only be used with Ni/Ni200 nickel or Ti titanium coils. stailess steel can be used in both wattage and TC mode.
as they are quite powerfull coils with high wattage they should take high vg like 80vg/20pg but anything higher than 80 will struggle in any tank with pre built coils and thats best for drippers only where you build your own coils.

it sounds flooded s if you can turn it upside down and remove the base and coil then wrap it in kitchen towel to soak up the excess juice which shoud stop the spitting and getting juice in your mouth.

Hi and welcome to the planet @Glitch

i do like the uwell tanks but got so many that ive not bought the 3 or Valyrian yet.
i can help with the settings though.
im guessing the coils that came with the tank are to be used in wattage only so PWR=power=wattage mode.
TEMP or TC mode should only be used with Ni/Ni200 nickel or Ti titanium coils. stailess steel can be used in both wattage and TC mode.
as they are quite powerfull coils with high wattage they should take high vg like 80vg/20pg but anything higher than 80 will struggle in any tank with pre built coils and thats best for drippers only where you build your own coils.

it sounds flooded s if you can turn it upside down and remove the base and coil then wrap it in kitchen towel to soak up the excess juice which shoud stop the spitting and getting juice in your mouth.

Hey, thanks for the advice.

That is correct, I'm using the 0.15 coils that came with the tank.

So the mode that is showing on the screen at the time (power in this case) is the only one that will have any effect on the vape unless I change it, is that right? Sorry for what probably seem like stupid questions I'm a proper noob.

Hey, thanks for the advice.

That is correct, I'm using the 0.15 coils that came with the tank.

So the mode that is showing on the screen at the time (power in this case) is the only one that will have any effect on the vape unless I change it, is that right? Sorry for what probably seem like stupid questions I'm a proper noob.
thats a difficult one for me to answer as i dont have the tank and coils so im not sure if they are kanthal or stainless steel coil.
TC mode is totally different and instead of wattage it uses centigrade and farehnite. ive vaped for 3 years now and only tried TC twice and its just not for me as i much prefer wattage mode.

and never think any question could be silly or stupid as as its best to be safe and sure.
hopefully others will be able to advise that own that tank.

thats a difficult one for me to answer as i dont have the tank and coils so im not sure if they are kanthal or stainless steel coil.
TC mode is totally different and instead of wattage it uses centigrade and farehnite. ive vaped for 3 years now and only tried TC twice and its just not for me as i much prefer wattage mode.

and never think any question could be silly or stupid as as its best to be safe and sure.
hopefully others will be able to advise that own that tank.

Thanks @MrDJ

Your tank comes with three pins that slot in with the coils.
They look like bobbles and think there is a plain one, single bobble, and twin bobble.
These pins serve two purposes.
Purpose one is to affect airflow by restricting the air that can be drawn through. The one with two bobbles will restrict it the most.
Purpose 2 is to stop juice spitting as it will hit the bobbled pin which will stop it being sucked up.
Try experimenting with the three pins and adjusting the power till you get whats right for you starting with the 2 bobble pin around 75w.

Your tank comes with three pins that slot in with the coils.
They look like bobbles and think there is a plain one, single bobble, and twin bobble.
These pins serve two purposes.
Purpose one is to affect airflow by restricting the air that can be drawn through. The one with two bobbles will restrict it the most.
Purpose 2 is to stop juice spitting as it will hit the bobbled pin which will stop it being sucked up.
Try experimenting with the three pins and adjusting the power till you get whats right for you starting with the 2 bobble pin around 75w.

Thanks @StrawberryRipple I knew about the pins, but didn't know one of the purposes was to stop the juice spitting. Good to know, thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom