What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Reason for less choice in MTL pre-built coils?

accelerator

I've noticed theres no multipacks for MTL Ohm ranges like the popular Coilolgy 7 in 1. Then the suppliers who offer a variety of coils have like 1 MTL option to about 10 low Ohm options.

Am I misunderstanding MTL/DTL Ohm ranges? Is MTL just nowhere near as popular? Do MTL Vapers mostly build their own? Are the really fancy DTL coils just a DTL thing and fancy coils don't really do much for MTL?

One main reason is that mtl does not need fancy wire. Just plain round wire and works perfectly. There are some Vandy vape superfine claptons and coilology but you efectively dont need anything fancy.

You cann buy a roll and build your own on a screwdriver. Or buy in packs of even 100 premade 1 ohm mtl coils ...

I mainly mtl now and have a roll of 27g kanthal and one of 28g ss and that's it.

As above, buy your own spool, it'll cost a few quid for like 15m and you'll only use 10cm or so to wrap one coil, lasts ages.

28g would be a good starting point, recommend stealthvape if you feel like giving it a go. It's not hard to do, you can even wrap a wonky looking coil and then fix it up when mounted, can't really go wrong.

Hello @accelerator and welcome to POTV. :)

I agree with KytanDale and Toastie above.

A simple micro coil for MTL for me is ideal. Most of my MTL RTA's have 26awg wire with 7 or 8 wraps and are around 1.0ohm.

I see plenty of vendors with "fancy" MTL coils but, like you say, no variety packs.

I think MTL is very popular though.

yeah, I'm not going to pay someone to wind a bit of 28awg around a screwdriver.

As above it's just not particularly necessary, I usually just stick to 27 AWG Kanthal, Coilology do do a 4 in 1 mtl coil pack though :)

There is no law saying you cant mtl a sub ohm coil..
you will just vape at a lower power than most cloud chasers ;)

Hello and welcome to PotV. I vape restricted MTL and also make my own coils. A very simple way to enjoy my vaping. I would suggest if you do take up coil making that you use a good vaping calculator, I've used Steam Engine for about the last 5 years.

http://www.steam-engine.org/

I've noticed theres no multipacks for MTL Ohm ranges like the popular Coilolgy 7 in 1. Then the suppliers who offer a variety of coils have like 1 MTL option to about 10 low Ohm options.

Am I misunderstanding MTL/DTL Ohm ranges? Is MTL just nowhere near as popular? Do MTL Vapers mostly build their own? Are the really fancy DTL coils just a DTL thing and fancy coils don't really do much for MTL?
Ive seen one made of kanthal, but its not really mtl, its like between .6 and 1 ohm

Back
Top Bottom