What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RDA/RDTA/RBA.. confused

Jake0254

Initiate
9590C46A-B39A-43F7-9F1B-7089C2AC541B.jpeg
Hi all

I recently smashed the glass on my Vaporesso Cascade and don’t really want to buy new glass or tank right now, so I had a dig around in my vape draw.

I have these decks that came with an older smok tank that I wanted to use, but I’m not sure if these are drippers or if they can be used with a tank? I can’t be bothered with dripping so hoping so. If not might have to go buy a new tank.. ive always just used shop bought coils but wouldn’t mind trying this if i can.

Appreciate the advice!

Cheers, Jake.

RBA coils for something, no idea what though.

You'll need some cotton to pull through the coils there.

So rba = rebuildable coil
RDA= rebuildable dripper
RTA= rebuildable tank, or in most cases rebuildable deck
RDTA= rebuildable dripp tank.

So what Smok tank do you have?. you need to wick the rba. basically it's a coil head that you can change the coil and wick, this will save you a fortune so buy some cotton and then look at a youtube video of how to build and wick that rba, just follow what you watch and you should be fine.

Yeah they’re defo Smok TFV and I can’t remember which ones to be honest, I’ve had them for maybe four or five years and never ventured down this route. So these are perfectly fine to use with a filled tank? I’ve already got the cotton and spare coil bits for it from my old Skyhook (great mod except it leaked everywhere..)

If you still have the smok tank they came with you should be good to go. Just have a look for youtube videos on rewicking the rba for that tank.

Just had a watch and I completely understand now. Wish me luck on my coil building journey!

thank you all for your help

Just had a watch and I completely understand now. Wish me luck on my coil building journey!

thank you all for your help
Welcome to the world of rebuildables, hope it works ok for you. I feel I need to apologize for my lacking input earlier, I was half asleep and feeling like crap so, sorry there.

I've never tried these RBA coils as all the tanks I have don't have one that I'm confident will actually work with them, but been using drippers for a long while now and can't see myself ever going back to a stock tank.

It's so much more satisfying putting it together and getting it right for me than just sticking in a new coil and filling, but not for everyone I guess.

Hello @Jake0254, I have been using the Kayfun V3 Mini RBA 99% of the time for the last 2+ years. I do have a few tanks that use drop-in coils but keep coming back to my RBAs. In my early days of trying temp control, I started using SS316L for my coils. I have used SS for my coils ever since because SS can be used in TC and Power modes. I hate using drop-in coils because I'm a cheap bastard and also don't use store-bought ejuice. I make my own ejuice and don't use flavors, just VG PG and 10mg/ml nicotine.

Back
Top Bottom