What's new

RDA and Mech Mod Intro

ChrisMcrUK

Postman
Hi Guys, I've been vaping for about 2 years and on the whole just been using box mods with sub ohm tanks. I saw a picture yesterday of the Drop Dead RDA on a Kennedy Vindicator and thought it looked like a sick combo, so have ordered them both and they should be here by the end of the week. As I'm new to RDA's and Mech Mods I just thought I'd post on here and see if anyone had any suggestions or anything that I need to consider when using these two bits of kit for the first time? Cheers, Chris

IMG_0293.jpg

On a mech it's all down to your build and the batteries.

The one on the left looks like a Bestia, the one on the right is a Vindicator. Unfamiliar with the Bestia, are they clones or authentic? Get used to how they're built and understand how to maintain them. My vindicator definitely benefited from a dab of dielelectric on and around the firing pin mechanism to help the stiffness and general stickiness of it initially.

Use a calculator to understand what to aim for build-wise and keep it's amp draw under the CDR of the battery for safety. I find using Ni80 plain wire or Brochrome helps with ramp up times on single battery mechs. If you quote the build you intend to use before firing it, others will keep you right.

The one on the left looks like a Bestia, the one on the right is a Vindicator. Unfamiliar with the Bestia, are they clones or authentic? Get used to how they're built and understand how to maintain them. My vindicator definitely benefited from a dab of dielelectric on and around the firing pin mechanism to help the stiffness and general stickiness of it initially.

Use a calculator to understand what to aim for build-wise and keep it's amp draw under the CDR of the battery for safety. I find using Ni80 plain wire or Brochrome helps with ramp up times on single battery mechs. If you quote the build you intend to use before firing it, others will keep you right.

Yes the one on the left is a Bestia, I think it's authentic.

I suppose my question is, apart from the height of your coils, what can you change? The mod doesn't have any settings or anything to change so it just is what it is. Same with the battery, no settings or anything to change. Which just leaves the coils. If I put the RDA on to one of my regulated mods I can see what the coil is measuring at.

What do I need to look for on the battery?

• Max. continuous discharge current: 35A
  • Nominal capacity: 3000 mAh
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
  • Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
  • Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
  • Standard charging current: 1.5 A
Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this!!

R=V/I , so 4.2/35= 0.12 ohms minimum resistance. Nominal doen't mean spit, use 4.2

If I can quote some tubby at you...

Attachments

• Ohms law Tutorial.pdf
    192.1 KB · Views: 430
If I can quote some tubby at you...

Ok so the max voltage you are using is 4.2 volts. And then that divided by the max current of 35 amps equates to 0.12 ohms, which is what I need to set the resistance to? How much leeway is there in this? But am I right in saying that the only thing you can change when using a mech mod and an RDA is the height of the build?

main thing to remember with a mech is if it dont work pressing the button harder is not the best idea
if it gets rather hot v quick part ways
all ways test your build on a regulated mod/coil building thingamajig so you know its not shorted and around the right resistance
use the button lock as pocket firing is rather common
if your batts will take a 0.12 ohm build its not necessary to build all the way down to it leave a little headroom if you can
when your using it do take the cap off the rda once in a blue moon to check it all looks good in there

as for coils you can get funky wire now so its easier to build silly cloud chucking coils
fused clapton and flatron are my faves from crazy wire
if your buying prebuilt coils you need to aim for 0.3 ohm and above as when you put 2 coils in the ohms half so 2 x 0.3 will give an rda a 0.15 ohm resistance
hope that helps

Ok so the max voltage you are using is 4.2 volts. And then that divided by the max current of 35 amps equates to 0.12 ohms, which is what I need to set the resistance to? How much leeway is there in this? But am I right in saying that the only thing you can change when using a mech mod and an RDA is the height of the build?
its all down to the coils you put in
you can add a wrap or take one off the coil and it will make a huge diff
using diff thickness wire changes the vape
it just take a bit of experimentation to find the build that's right for you and tbh a 0.2 ohm build can be like breathing in fire lol

Back
Top Bottom