What's new

Proof of age

howard18

Just placed my regular order of juice with 7 day Shop.com
Following placing the order (and paying) 7 day shop sent me an email requesting that I send proof of my age. Either a passport, driving licence or other proof.
At first I thought this was a phising email and contacted 7 day shop. They confirmed that proof was required before shipment.
Is this a new legal requirement?

I don't think its a new legal requirement, personally with so much cyber crime I wouldn't be uploading my passport or driving licence etc onto the net , hacking company's seems rife at the moment , do you really want your personal details on the net?

This was posted about another EU vendor a few weeks back. Personally I would just walk away and shop elsewhere as I've got hundreds of recommended suppliers on my list and don't think any of them ask for that. Check list stuck at new users section. On phone so can't link

This was posted about another EU vendor a few weeks back. Personally I would just walk away and shop elsewhere as I've got hundreds of recommended suppliers on my list and don't think any of them ask for that. Check list stuck at new users section. On phone so can't link
Strictly speaking ... we all have to ask for that if we suspect someone is under age ... its a law.

sad but true

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with emailing them a copy of license providing they've confirmed that's their email address... People who are capable of hacking into email have bigger fish to catch than us regular folk

Nothing wrong with emailing them a copy of license providing they've confirmed that's their email address... People who are capable of hacking into email have bigger fish to catch than us regular folk

I bought a mod from them a while ago, and they wanted proof of ID.
Sent the a photocopy of my driving licence.

Wouldn't have been bothered if I had to use my passport.

After 15 years working around the world there are probably numerous copies of my passport around.
Everything to do with visas, security passes, etc.

Regards badboybez

hi i no that on ebay some say that they do a age check before sending out juice to buyers but ive never been asked to show photo id before if they do start asking for this i would be up the creek without a paddle as i dont drive as i have a chauffeur aka the wife dont tell her i said that :18: and i dont own a passport so i hope that they dont make it law :rules2: .......:hmmm:...........

Don't you have to be 18 to have a PayPal account tho? Surely that's proof of age in itself, correct me if I'm wrong of course

as far as im aware companys can check stuff like the electoral roll & check your age that way, ecigwizard did that once with me, any company that wants a copy of my passport or driving licence can feck off plenty of others to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom