What's new

Pre built coils (Clapton Wire Kanthal A1 8 in 1)

Crystalfur

Postman
Hey people's.
I have a case of these pre built coils in the attached image that seem too be doing the rounds by different companies.
I'm interested in installing them in to what ever RTA's and RBA's that I own that will benefit from them best but I'm not sure what Coil's in this selection will suit my RTA's and RBA's best!?
I don't even know what the benefits would be with the different coils in my various RTA's and RBA's?!...
In the pre built coil selection I have;

Clapton 0.85ohm
Hive 0.50ohm
Fused Clapton 0.45ohm
Alien Clapton 0.45ohm
Tiger 0.36ohm
Mix Twisted 0.45ohm
Quad 0.36ohm
Flat Twisted 0.36ohm

(8 different coil type's, 4 pieces of each coil type)

I have an Apocalypse RBA, Velocity V2 22ml RBA, Kangertech Drip Box 22ml RBA, Steam Crave Aromamizor V2 RTA, Geek Vape Griffin RTA, Smok TF V8 Cloud Beast RTA, Cleito 120 RTA and a Smok TF RDTA.

Also have the Coil Master V3 kit and not a clue to do with everything I own!!!

Any advice to a clueless, coil building newbie with more atties, coils, wire and Tools than sense would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again smart apes.

Attachments

• 1503088685759-1545016394.jpg
    1503088685759-1545016394.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
You mentioned the dripbox but you didn't say what mod/s you are using this stuff on. Is it regulated or mechanical?

You mentioned the dripbox but you didn't say what mod/s you are using this stuff on. Is it regulated or mechanical?
Sorry I forgot to mention.
All regulated mods.
Mostly Wismec Predator 228, Wismec Reuleux RX 200S, Wismec Reuleux 2/3 and of course the Kangertech Drip Box.

Haha, are you sure you're not just boasting about your collection? :20:

I'm struggling with my own as it is. Bought the clapton coils and wire. The coils are so bloody tiny they're hard to handle without dropping. Close up photos and cameras make them look much bigger.

As you're on a regulated device it's simply a case of that if it'll fire it then it's all gravy.
So have a play around with the different types of coil. All of us have our preferences- lots still feel a lot of love for the round wire, you've got your clapton fiends, your alien hounds and your low gauge chuggers to name but a few. You'll undoubtedly have a preference, but the only way you'll find out is with a bit of experimentation. And those coil wheels are as good a place as any to start.

Sorry I forgot to mention.
All regulated mods.
Mostly Wismec Predator 228, Wismec Reuleux RX 200S, Wismec Reuleux 2/3 and of course the Kangertech Drip Box.

Ok, cool. Had to check as it makes a huge difference. A lot of people on regs don't even bother learning about ohms law but I think anybody who vapes with variable resistance coils should learn the basics so as to learn about amp draw and the limit of the batteries being used. It's better to not have problems in the first place than to have to have a mod save you from them.

Anyways....

None of the coils you have there are super low resistance and on regulated mods you have no concern, especially with the mods you've listed.
So really, your only concern is gonna be what coil fits where. Some rda/rdta have comfortable deck space and some have very, very cramped space. I've got more pre-made coils in my cupboard then you can probably imagine. I also bought the wasp nano recently and it's got such a small deck space only 2% of my coils will fit. I've also got a hadaly and I can only use very simple small wires builds in it or it gets way too hot as the coil is very close to the mouth piece. Other more spacious decks can accomodate much larger coils. So I am not going to go in to each rda/rdta you have specifically but it really all does come down to what will fit in each and trial and error. You will have to play around and try different combinations to see what you like as each one will be different.The mod you are using also plays a big roll because different coils have different ramp up times so an identical build in an rda might be crap on one mod but superb on a more powerful one that can fire it up quicker. Just remember to try and position the coils so they sit flush in front of the air vent holes / slots. And have fun with it. Finding exactly what you like is half the fun.

Back
Top Bottom