What's new

PG Allergy?

Vapings just such a fun hobby for me I love too do it you know, I know it's disgusting but it's much better than smoking cigs...
What people are saying here is, it may not be the vaping that is causing it. Best to visit your GP with that, it might be something like an infection or something entirely unrelated to vaping.

What people are saying here is, it may not be the vaping that is causing it. Best to visit your GP with that, it might be something like an infection or something entirely unrelated to vaping.
Yeah I understand that man but the past like 4 times vaping failed and I quit and ended back on the cigs they went away and stopped and the day I end up starting vaping again they come back it has to be vaping

Yeah I understand that man but the past like 4 times vaping failed and I quit and ended back on the cigs they went away and stopped and the day I end up starting vaping again they come back it has to be vaping
I think the best suggestion so far is to try something like pure VG with a VG based nic shot, no flavouring. Then if they go away try something 100% VG with a flavour. Health comes first really in these situations IMO, but going back to cigs is not the way either. You aren't the only person out there with a potential allergy to PG, it will just limit what you can and can't have. It sucks, but not much else you can do unfortunately.

I also have a PG allergy and was at the point where I was about to give up the vape, I then thought about .. well maybe it is the sheer volume of PG that is the problem.. So then started to only make from concentrates while using a VG based nicotine and no PG, this still leaves you with a large % PG due to the concentrates all being mix around 15% to 25% ... or are they!

Some of the concentrates are supper concentrated, for example, Inerwera Pink Panter (Pinkman Clone) is mix at 3% (Most are between 3% and 5%) so this would mean you only having a 3% PG content in your vape! all problems for me stopped as long as I keep the PG at 15% or below. As pointed out above some hardware will not like the super thick liquid at 3% pg, your only option here is to squonk an RDA, or as I have just found out, the steam crave tanks seem to wick fine with 10% PG not sure about lower (Can try it out for you).

TBH I would try just using a normal concentrate that requires 15% mix or below to start with and see if that works, if not, you will have to go extreme I'm afraid.

Seen above you are not into DIY , well this is .. and isn't. One flavour, add VG and nicotine ... and that's it.

There is the option of using AVG. This is VG diluted with distilled water. Thins the VG down nicely. Only PG then is the concentrate. You can always buy VG flavoured concentrates but most of them do need to be mixed at a higher percentage to bring the flavour out.

Back
Top Bottom