What's new

PG Allergy?

Zited

Postman
Okay so... I have just been trying to ignore this for quite some time maybe up to 2 years. But now it's been getting really bad. When I stop vaping for some time I'm fine but once I start to get back into it and start enjoying it again my hand and arms and other parts of my body start to form these little red bumps which can sometimes be really itchy and sore and I'm just concerned if I should be worried or not, I was thinking off switching too 100% Vg liquid but I was told it doesn't have any flavour by the local vape shop and if it does its just bland flavours like tobacco grape strawberry etc...

Is this the case?

Thanks again as always
-Zited

Sounds like contact dermatitis, likely from an allergy to something, which is probably PG. My father suffers with a PG allergy, it makes his skin crack and itch etc. I would ask for his solution to the flavour thing, but he does not use any flavour in his vape liquids anyway, just nicotine and VG. As far as I know 100% VG can still have flavour, but it is not as pronounced as when you have PG in there also. You will also struggle with most stock coil devices as the liquid will be far too thick to wick properly, leading to burning out coils quick.

Sounds like contact dermatitis, likely from an allergy to something, which is probably PG. My father suffers with a PG allergy, it makes his skin crack and itch etc. I would ask for his solution to the flavour thing, but he does not use any flavour in his vape liquids anyway, just nicotine and VG. As far as I know 100% VG can still have flavour, but it is not as pronounced as when you have PG in there also. You will also struggle with most stock coil devices as the liquid will be far too thick to wick properly, leading to burning out coils quick.
Alright... Thanks for the reply hopefully I can find somewhere that sells some nice 100% vg liquid

Alright... Thanks for the reply hopefully I can find somewhere that sells some nice 100% vg liquid
Best of luck with that, you would probably be better making your own up, but most of the flavour concentrates that I know of are PG based, I am sure there are others here that have better knowledge on the subject though.

I commented basically because I know for sure that some people have a sensitivity to PG.

Okay so... I have just been trying to ignore this for quite some time maybe up to 2 years. But now it's been getting really bad. When I stop vaping for some time I'm fine but once I start to get back into it and start enjoying it again my hand and arms and other parts of my body start to form these little red bumps which can sometimes be really itchy and sore and I'm just concerned if I should be worried or not, I was thinking off switching too 100% Vg liquid but I was told it doesn't have any flavour by the local vape shop and if it does its just bland flavours like tobacco grape strawberry etc...

Is this the case?

Thanks again as always
-Zited
Not sure if this will help: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/beginners/are-you-allergic-to-pg-e-liquids.html

Reaction to PG is pretty common and sounds like that's what you have.
If you mix your own juice you could try reducing your PG content down to 20% and see if that helps.
It does depend how severe your reaction is. If it doesnt go away, mix your juice with no PG. www.justvape247.com sell VG flavoured concentrates. You can purchase VG based nicotine and can thin ur Vg base by 20% using distilled water.
Most of the VG flavours do require a higher mix percentage to bring the flavour out. Normally about 20%.

I had an itchy red rash on my arms and legs shortly after I started vaping just over 3 years ago. I switched to higher vg liquids and it cleared up really quickly. Since then I've been able to vape anything without any reoccurrence. Maybe you could try switching to a higher vg mix and see if it goes away and then slowly introduce more pg?

I went from 70PG/30VG to 50/50 to 30/70 - and now vape almost exclusively 90-100%VG

I had an itchy red rash on my arms and legs shortly after I started vaping just over 3 years ago. I switched to higher vg liquids and it cleared up really quickly. Since then I've been able to vape anything without any reoccurrence. Maybe you could try switching to a higher vg mix and see if it goes away and then slowly introduce more pg?
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Just trying to figure where too buy some nice high vg liquid as most flavours seem bland

I went from 70PG/30VG to 50/50 to 30/70 - and now vape almost exclusively 90-100%VG
And do you just buy your liquid at 90vg 10pg or make it yourself? I really don't want to get into DIY liquid yano

Back
Top Bottom