What's new

Old vs New tanks? How much have they advanced?

MarkUK

Initiate
Hiya ;)
I used to vape a couple of years back, then went to analogues for a bit. I've just left the dark side again, and dug out all my old kit. My main set up was (is) a cool fire 4 battery with an Inokin Iclear 30s. I just noticed when I got the battery it came with an Innokin Isub G tank which I never used as I couldn't handle the mtl thing. Just tried it again with some 2 year old 0.6 juice, and it's lovely ;)

A friend of mine has said I should really upgrade to modern tech, ie. a Smok Prince Stick. I notice these are only 2ml due to TPD, and the Isub is 3.8ml, so effectively 2X puffs before refilling. My question is, has the quality of these things advanced to the point where it is worth upgrading (taste, longevity of coil etc.) or is it just a case of shineyitis?

Cheers.

I think if it's working for you, then no, you don't need to chase the latest Best Thing Ever. Unless you want to!

You can get around the 2ml nonsense by ordering from China, sites like Fasttech.

And if you did, there's nothing wrong with that mod. The tank, there are sexier things out there but like I said, if it ain't broke...

A friend of mine has said I should really upgrade to modern tech, ie. a Smok Prince Stick.

I'd take a coolfire 4 over one of those any day of the week ....... might be worth getting a new tank to try on the coolfire but to be honest, if it's working then you have no reason to.

Maybe just hang around for a few weeks, read some threads, see what people are talking about and go from there, if there's something mentioned you take a fancy to... then why not?

What I will say is though the amount of new stuff coming out every month, week, is crazy ... so I wouldn't rush in to buying anything, do the reasearch, watch/read some reviews and see what happens.

I totally agree with the others - if you're missing something in your vape, then maybe look at newer stuff, but as you're happy why bother? The iSub G was already a big step up from the iClear 30s. And as has been said, that's a perfectly good mod - if you're not wanting complicated settings for specific builds ........ then you'd probably be wasting your money. :)

The only caveat I'd put here is that something made you go back to the ciggies. If it was because the vape wasn't doing it for you then perhaps it's worth bearing it in mind.
But like @Crewella already said, the isub is a step up already.

The only caveat I'd put here is that something made you go back to the ciggies. If it was because the vape wasn't doing it for you then perhaps it's worth bearing it in mind.
But like @Crewella already said, the isub is a step up already.
Hiya Vapellie. No it wasn't that, my father passed away unexpectedly, and I found him. First thing I did after all the emergency services and undertaker had gone was scrounge a cig from a neighbour..

I've taken you guys advice, and been to the vape shop just to buy some fresh 0.6mg "I Love Custard". Mad how they do it now, she sold me a bottle of 0%, then mixed in a bottle of nic for free to make it 0.6% :D Is that they way all the vape shops do it to get round the TPD bollox? Just got back, and it is beautiful in the Isub tank.

Thank you again all for your help.

My personal opinion is mostly tanks have regressed away from clever airflow control in favour of becoming stainless steel toilet roll tubes

Last edited:
I agree with the above. My first coilfire 4 is still going strong and bullet proof. The isub g tanks where excellent with a huge capacity. Plus the coils are one of the cheapest sub ohm coils on the market. The classic 0.5 ohm ones are still great.
Not a lot wrong with the I clear for mtl juice either.

Hiya Vapellie. No it wasn't that, my father passed away unexpectedly, and I found him. First thing I did after all the emergency services and undertaker had gone was scrounge a cig from a neighbour..

I've taken you guys advice, and been to the vape shop just to buy some fresh 0.6mg "I Love Custard". Mad how they do it now, she sold me a bottle of 0%, then mixed in a bottle of nic for free to make it 0.6% :D Is that they way all the vape shops do it to get round the TPD bollox? Just got back, and it is beautiful in the Isub tank.

Thank you again all for your help.

Oh mate, quite frankly I feel that deserves a cigarette. And a stiff drink. I'm sorry to hear that. But well done for climbing back on the bandwagon.

Ha, yes, welcome to the post-tpd insanity!!! It's quite mad how desensitized to the B.S. we have kind of become. Smuggling hardware in from China, don't get me started on "bubble glass" tank extensions (you buy a 2ml compliant tank but it comes with fat swollen replacement glass section to increase the capacity), and I forget what else!

Back
Top Bottom