What's new

Old Smoker

springbank

I want to switch from tobacco to vaping but all the products I've tried drive me nuts. What I want is a packet of twenty e-cigarettes, I want to take one out, I want to smoke it, I want it to last the same length of time as a tobacco cigarette, then I want it to finish/go out/stop/whatever, then I throw it away, then about half an hour later I start all over again taking a new e-cigarette out of the packet. Does this product exist? I can't find it anywhere yet it seems to be a fairly obvious product for old-timers like me who just want to carry on smoking the way we've always done. Cost is not an issue. What's out there, experts?

Hello and welcome.

Plenty of old ex smokers on here, but unfortunately for you probably none of them vape exactly how they smoked.

If you really want to get off the fags you will have to get over your wish to find something you use exactly the same as smoking.
If you find the right equipment and the right nicotine strength and you use it when you want a fag you can do it, but it will be a totally new routine and not like how you smoked at all.

If you tell us what equipment you have tried and the problems you had with it then I am sure you would get suggestions of kit that will be more efficient at delivering nicotine then finding some flavours you like might make switching easier.

Good luck.

This is the most satisfying combination I have.

if money is not an issue Buy a Smok trophy tank or something similar which can be recommended by someone else, recreates a puff on a fag really well.
Innokin Coolfire plus.
Manabush eliquid.

Give that a try if you haven't already. If it's not your thing you'll be able to pass it on.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
It's not recreating the 'puff on the fag' I am after -- all e-cigarettes do that reasonably well. The effect I want to re-create is to have the cigarette dictate the length of the experience. A tobacco cigarette lasts a limited amount of time, then it's over. It is a satisfying 'episode' and I can recreate it half an hour later or whenever I feel the need. With every electronic 'system' I have tried so far -- which is a lot -- they insist on giving me equipment which has no natural limit. I can smoke for as long or as short as I wish. All very well, but it defeats the whole point. I want (because |I have been doing it for fifty years) the cigarette to tell me when the experience comes to a natural end. But it sounds, from what you both say, that while there are several hundred manufacturers serving up an 'infinite length' product, there is none that gives me (and perhaps many others) what I really want. A cigarette that goes out!

+1 for Smok Trophy. Heaven Gifts are doing them at a very good price. Used with a Cool Fire 4 they are good. Also, look at Naturevape. I use Mini Pro`s & 4ml of liquid lasts me a day. NV coils last for months. They can also be used in the Smok Trophy. Tried cig-a-likes years ago & they are rubbish.

What about using a dripper? Will be a bit of a steeper learning curve with the wicking and coiling and it'll probably be a bit more airy and cloudy than the MTL tanks but if replicating the taking out a fag and it lasting for a set period of time is really what you're after then it might be the best option. You'll have to take out your juice and drip it onto your wick and then once it's all vaporized you can either put it away or redrip.

It's not recreating the 'puff on the fag' I am after -- all e-cigarettes do that reasonably well. The effect I want to re-create is to have the cigarette dictate the length of the experience. A tobacco cigarette lasts a limited amount of time, then it's over. It is a satisfying 'episode' and I can recreate it half an hour later or whenever I feel the need. With every electronic 'system' I have tried so far -- which is a lot -- they insist on giving me equipment which has no natural limit. I can smoke for as long or as short as I wish. All very well, but it defeats the whole point. I want (because |I have been doing it for fifty years) the cigarette to tell me when the experience comes to a natural end. But it sounds, from what you both say, that while there are several hundred manufacturers serving up an 'infinite length' product, there is none that gives me (and perhaps many others) what I really want. A cigarette that goes out!

The closest thing that I can think of is drippers.
You would have to learn to build coils or at least install coils and wick them.
Drippers take a small amount of juice at a time. The one I am using takes about a dozen drops and that would last me a few minutes before I had to drip more.

What about using a dripper? Will be a bit of a steeper learning curve with the wicking and coiling and it'll probably be a bit more airy and cloudy than the MTL tanks but if replicating the taking out a fag and it lasting for a set period of time is really what you're after then it might be the best option. You'll have to take out your juice and drip it onto your wick and then once it's all vaporized you can either put it away or redrip.

You type faster than me.
Some of the old school drippers are not as airy as the modern drippers.
The igo-l is really quite a tight draw but if it is too tight you just drill the air hole a bit larger.

welcome to the planet @springbank

as said above almost everyone on here has a battery mod and a tank that in some way you fill with liquid.

roll back 3-4 years and maybe this is more to your liking.

now i never thought i would recommend these again as they are now owned by big tobacco company and in favout of the TPD but take a look at this.
Blu Plus takes cig a likes and the case is the battery charger. you replace the filter which has the liquid in https://www.blu.com/en/GB

that is the nearest you will get to what you are searching for.

Back
Top Bottom