What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

OCC Burnt coil

Axl Lim

Hello, I'm fairly new to vaping.
My friends told me that the coil for a OCC tank lasts for a week or two, but mine kept getting burnt in a few days.
I'm using a 0.2 ohm occ, pg40/vg 60 juice at 30~40w.
Is there anything wrong with my settings or is there a trick to maintain it?

Hello, I'm fairly new to vaping.
My friends told me that the coil for a OCC tank lasts for a week or two, but mine kept getting burnt in a few days.
I'm using a 0.2 ohm occ, pg40/vg 60 juice at 30~40w.
Is there anything wrong with my settings or is there a trick to maintain it?

Howdy and welcome aboard!

Your settings seem fine to me. Your most likely cause is what liquid you are using.
Many shop bought or premium liquids are chock full of sweeteners and the like to they will clog the living daylights out of your coil far quicker than expected. Certain other ingredients like custard/cake/dark tobacco will also clag up the coils.

Are you breaking in your coils? Start low and take a few puffs. Increase the wattage in about 5w steps until you reach your preferred power.

Welcome aboard.
If your talking about kanger occ coils then the issue may be the coil. The 0.2 coils where discontinued for a while due to the lack of wicking available for a low ohm coil.

I started vaping with those kanger coils and they were great
I think mine were around 0.5 Ohm and I rarely went over 20Watts
Lasted weeks before needing changing

I hope you get your problem sorted.
Changing coils every few days can get expensive

Thanks all.
Went to a vape shop a few hours ago, they said the problem was that I am using 0.2ohm instead of 0.5 (I'm vaping with fruity flavors). I still have 2 left so I'll most prolly get em when I'm done with it.
Also, I just bought a EHPRO Achilles tank single coil. The flavor and firing power doesn't seem as good as a OCC tank. Regrets

Thanks all.
Went to a vape shop a few hours ago, they said the problem was that I am using 0.2ohm instead of 0.5 (I'm vaping with fruity flavors). I still have 2 left so I'll most prolly get em when I'm done with it.
Also, I just bought a EHPRO Achilles tank single coil. The flavor and firing power doesn't seem as good as a OCC tank. Regrets
The 0.5 kanger occ coils are very good but the 0.2 coils where just too much for the small barrel size. I've actually got some here and burning out is exactly the issue. They suck the juice out of the wick in seconds and tend to frazzle the sweetener in the juice.

ive not tried the 0.2 before but use the 0.5 daily in subtank mini and lasts a good few weeks at 18-20watts

actually is it the OCC square coils or the newer SSOCC round coils.

ive not tried the 0.2 before but use the 0.5 daily in subtank mini and lasts a good few weeks at 18-20watts

actually is it the OCC square coils or the newer SSOCC round coils.
The old square occ ones weren't too bad at 0.2 ohms but the relaunched ssocc ones where the very small barrel shape that had minimal wick room. When kanger quickly upgraded to the larger barrel size with three wicking holes they dropped the 0.2 ohm ones but they seem to have appeared again recently in the kpin aio device.

Back
Top Bottom