What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nicotine Strentgh

Peter A

Hi, I'm fairly new to vaping, I'm currently using a SMOK M17 Stick with 12mg and am finding this appears to be working fine for me, but I'm not getting the lightheaded feel I was with the 18mg juice. so, I happy with the results so far.

I have a question with regard to mouth to lung and direct lung vaping, am I right in thinking that 12mg mouth to lung is roughly the same as 6mg using direct lung vaping???

I tried direct lung vaping on 12mg and couldn't stop coughing!

All a bit confusing for newbies like me!

Hi, I'm fairly new to vaping, I'm currently using a SMOK M17 Stick with 12mg and am finding this appears to be working fine for me, but I'm not getting the lightheaded feel I was with the 18mg juice. so, I happy with the results so far.

I have a question with regard to mouth to lung and direct lung vaping, am I right in thinking that 12mg mouth to lung is roughly the same as 6mg using direct lung vaping???

No it's not as simple as that it depends on the kit your using and how much Vapour it produces as to what to drop to, if your using 12mg MTL and move to something like a isub g tank 6mg would be fine but if you moved over to a smok tfv12 the 6 would be too strong in my opinion so the kit makes All the difference [emoji5]

the easiest way to work that out is how much liquid you are getting through, if you are using twice the amount as you were MTL then 6mg will give you the same amount of nicotine over the day, if you are using 4 times the amount in a day the 3mg will be the same.

If you sub ohm and the nic is too high you'll know about it by possibly feeling a little ill, then you just need to not chain vape it and lower your strength on the next bottle.

As for the coughing, I think most people cough when first getting a big lungful of vapour

Would that it were that simple. It's not the style of vaping that determines how much nicotine you're getting, but how much actual vapour you're breathing in. Assume for the sake of argument (although it's not strictly true) that vapour production is proportional to power, and you'll see that a five second hit at 100W is going to deliver a lot more than a five second hit at 10W, even if it's half strength. You just have to try things out and find what works for you personally. My nic strengths are quite similar regardless of MTL or DTL, but I take a much shorter pull on the high power so it all works out about the same.

12mg DtL is savage, normally I see people going to 6mg in sub-ohm as a maximum, any higher and it's way too harsh.

At the end of the day it's what works for you as icepie said, I've had customers who started on a nautilus 2 asking when do they upgrade to a sub-ohm tank, well you don't have to, if you like MtL then stay on that.

I use 12mg in MtL and 3mg in sub-ohm, they are the same concept but a very different experience, you just need to find what you prefer.

I've had customers who started on a nautilus 2 asking when do they upgrade to a sub-ohm tank
And really, the only reason someone would ask that question is because they've been told sub-ohm/DTL is "advanced" vaping. I wish people would stop saying that.

I can vape 12mg sub ok but if I chain vape it which I do as habit it makes me light headed but if I did that in a dripper it would probably be worse that that.. I do 3mg which is about right.

Back
Top Bottom