What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nicotine strength?

Thanks for the replies all.

Yeah, I’m currently using a 0.7 coil, it seems to taste a bit harsher than the 1.6 coil I was using which is why I wasn’t sure about going up a strength - in case it had more of a throat hit the higher the nicotine level.

I guess the only way to know is to buy some 12mg liquid and see how it goes... I can see how vaping can get expensive, better than smoking though so I’m not complaining!

You could try the higher nic on the 1.6 coil if it is too harsh on the 0.7

Thanks for the replies all.

Yeah, I’m currently using a 0.7 coil, it seems to taste a bit harsher than the 1.6 coil I was using which is why I wasn’t sure about going up a strength - in case it had more of a throat hit the higher the nicotine level.

I guess the only way to know is to buy some 12mg liquid and see how it goes... I can see how vaping can get expensive, better than smoking though so I’m not complaining!
I use the 0.7 in my big Nauti but only for DTL at around 21-22W. I find the 1.8 is the best of the range for MTL at around 12-13W and I use that in the N-Mini. I think the nic strength does make a difference to the throat hit, but having reduced my nicotine to a very low level (1mg for DTL and 1.5 for MTL) I find spicy/minty flavours an adequate compensation.

Also, 50/50 juice can be harsh at the kind of wattages the 0.7 is capable of, but that coil can handle a higher VG mix, which will be smoother. I've used 65% VG on that coil no problem. It will even take a bit more than that but you won't be able to chain vape it at 20+ W because the wicking is too small and tight.

Cheers guys, some really helpful advice.
Gonna buy a a few bottles of 12mg and use them in my 1.6 coil and see how I go...
I just don’t quite get the same satisfaction at the minute so hoping it is the nicotine strength, which is strange as 6mg seemed fine when I was giving up initially.

Thanks again!

Sounds like you need a 12mg liquid..you can just try it with one bottle and if you find it’s just the job order more...
I had the same thoughts as you I was worried about vaping to strong a liquid but soon found I was doing the same as you on 6mg chain vaping..moved onto 12mg and now things are great..

get some 12mg, if its too much mix it down with your 6mg

I find (on certain juices) that 12mg is too high for me so mix 6mg & 12mg 50/50 to make 9Mg which is spot on for me

Just wanted to thank you all for some brilliant advice. Bought some 12mg and it seems a lot better (although the flavour doesn’t seem as strong but that could just be me being critical!).
I think 12mg suits me more, I can now have my vape further than arms reach for a few minutes!

Thanks again :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom