Innokin
What's new

Nicotine Salts -VS- DL/SubOhming

Valentino

Initiate
Hi All!

I'm a noob here, but been vaping on and off since Ecigs started coming out.
35yrs old, smoke 30/40 cigarettes per day, looooong family history with heart related diseases.
I've decide I don't want to die, since almost losing my Dad a couple of months ago.

As I said, tried vaping in all forms, MTL, DL, Coil Building etc, spent tons of money, always gave up. Primarily because I cannot seem to get a decent nicotine fix, and secondarily because of portability. DL Setups I've tried are way to heavy to stick in your pocket.

Recently my friend lent me a JUUL he brought back from the US, and I was off the cigarettes for a week, that is until I had to give it back to him...

Nicotine Salts are VERY interesting, but with TPD, they're almost impossible to source at a decent mg/ml ratio. By decent I mean 45/50mg, like the JUUL. I've tried Mr. Salt-E at 20mg, don't feel a thing unless I chainvape like a monster, and for the price, it got expensive, quickly.

So now I'm facing two possibilities:

1. Try and get the JUUL, or 45mg Mr. Salt-E from US, with all the hassle that comes with this choice, like customs not letting the package thru in the first place. Even if the package does come thru, the monthly PITA to source liquids, or JUUL pods, would likely end un in a relapse.

2. Give Sub Ohm / DL another chance. In this case I was thinking about buying a SMOK AIO STICK, light, portable, etc. Would be MUCH easier to find eliquids, since nic concentrations need to be lower for this style of vaping.

Should I choose to go for no. 2, how is nicotine absorption with DL inhaling, and is there a way to make it "enough" like a JUUL does?

Let me know what y'all think, any type of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Elux
Hi @Valentino - thanks for signing up and thanks too for the detailed post. Sorry to hear of the loss of your old man too, if you are 35 then sounds like he passed away too young.

I have had the JUUL for a month or two as well and I think they are wicked. Had pretty much a full day on it when travelling over to Spain on holiday, cheeky vapes in the airport were no problem and the Mrs didn't even complain too much when using it in the car with the kids on the way from the airport. She was getting proper stressed at me driving on the continent and being on the other side of the road etc so I needed some stress relief to stop me telling her to shut it in front of the kids :D

You aren't the first person I have heard of who has done well using the JUUL but failed elsewhere, I have tried the 20mg nic salts as well but nothing compares. I am on to my last pod and I want some more so considering setting up a group buy on here as think there are a few people after them.

We are stuck with what we have until Brexit kicks in IMO, going to be at least 18 months before we see any changes so the only option is to import. @dansus - I think @dw1986 said you might have details of a vendor in the US who will ship JUUL items over here? I have a feeling you have bought the salts from Nicotine River in the US as well. Have you been clobbered for import tax with them yet?

Valentino - might be worth getting a 100mg nic salt in and mixing your own. Anything over 72mg is covered by poisons licence so you are in the shit if it gets stopped?

Yes, doing this with an AIO device might well work, or refill the JUUL pods... Then you can import what you can and also mix the nic river stuff.

Hey Junglist, thanks for the reply.

My ol' man is still alive, I said "almost" lost him. hehe.

Hope Brexit would help me too, but I'm Italian, and live in Spain (Valencia) :18:

If you do a group buy, I'm in anyway, I'll pay for the forwarding costs to Spain. Another option would be to move to the UK! haha

Thanks for the advice!

Vape Green
Ah good news with the old man @Valentino! Yeah I should learn to read a bit better :D In Spain at the minute so trying to do things in a hurry so I can get back to my gin. Will give you a shout if we do anything. Have a look at nicotineriver.com as well. Hopefully dansus will be along in a bit as he loves his salts.

1. Try and get the JUUL, or 45mg Mr. Salt-E from US, with all the hassle that comes with this choice, like customs not letting the package thru in the first place. Even if the package does come thru, the monthly PITA to source liquids, or JUUL pods, would likely end un in a relapse.

2. Give Sub Ohm / DL another chance. In this case I was thinking about buying a SMOK AIO STICK, light, portable, etc. Would be MUCH easier to find eliquids, since nic concentrations need to be lower for this style of vaping.
Hey buddy, if you order some salts from the US, heres a couple of places to order from. But i can tell you upfront, none of them will give you the hit like a Juul does.

https://thezfo.com/search?q=snlb
https://originvape.com/product-category/e-liquid/

Juul pods
https://eciggity.com/juulpod-virginia-tobacco-4-pack/

You could try 12 or 20mg in more powerful device, ive been dripping 20mg salts in the Hadaly. Elements NS20 range is good.

https://www.vapesuperstore.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=ns20

You could make your own salts from nic base, you can order it from Nude Nicotine in the states, but Spain is not on the list of countries they deliver too. Maybe you can get it forwarded.

https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nicotine-salts-signature/

Last edited:
Royal Flush Vape
My advice? Work out your triggers, set a quit date, stock up on some Juul pods, and use them only when you really need it. Use other devices and juices the rest of the time.

Long term use of benzoic acid in the juul pods is not recommended.

There is one device, Aspire breeze, when used with 25-45mg salts people have reported to have a Juul like experience. Cant vouch for that, but might be worth a go.

Last edited:
Sorry to be blunt but if you put portability above good heath you're looking at it all wrong. Finding x reasons not to do it is easy but you're doing yourself no favours.

AcmeFog
My advice? Work out your triggers, set a quit date, stock up on some Juul pods, and use them only when you really need it. Use other devices and juices the rest of the time.

Long term use of benzoic acid in the juul pods is not recommended.

There is one device, Aspire breeze, when used with 25-45mg salts people have reported to have a Juul like experience. Cant vouch for that, but might be worth a go.

Only skim read but this doesn't look like the benzoic acid is a problem http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/whats-new/2017/252-benz

Vape Superstore
Only skim read but this doesn't look like the benzoic acid is a problem http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/whats-new/2017/252-benz
Ha, not from a toxicant point of view. Its so good at delivering nic to the brain fast, it can turn you into a benzocrack addict. :confused:

Quite a few on the nic salt groups have moved away from Juul, as they felt they were becoming more addicted to it than tobacco. Ive stopped using it, didnt like the way it made me feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom