What's new

Nicotine Salts Question

Nic salts are absorbed quicker into the body, it’s partly why they were created, to give a more cigarette-like nic hit: there’s plenty of info like this out there -

View attachment 214619

They’re ideal if you’re on a short break at work, or in a situation where you’re not able to vape much - but as you’ve found, it’s easy to overdo it.

That graph fails to mention strength...

Combustible cigarettes have had additives for years to make the nicotine they contain "freebased", but they contain a lot compared to most ejuice.

Look at the curves, the peak occurs at the same time for each type... Which is unsurprising considering that cigarettes contain freebase nic.

The thing with salts, and the reason the peak is higher on the graph, is that it's possible to vape a far higher concentration (like the 50mg juul) without the burning feeling associated with (the very alkaline) freebase juice - it is partially neutralised by the addition of an acid.

So the reason salts are more like a cigarette hit is not due to absorption speed, but the dose.

That graph fails to mention st
So the reason salts are more like a cigarette hit is not due to absorption speed, but the dose.

I’m not interested in arguing with you, since you already know everything. There’s plenty of sources all over the web for @LordOdin to see how salts work compared to freebase nic, I just presented an example.

I don't know everything, there's an inconceivably massive amount of stuff I don't know.

One thing I do know is how to read a graph...

And that I've spent a fair bit of time researching what the difference between freebase and salts is - mainly in an effort to track down what was most likely to be causing the reactions I was experiencing.

Thanks for the advice and comments guys, I don't know enough about vaping to dispute or agree with anyone's views, all I can say is what happened to me, I felt light headed and kind of dizzy and thought I was actually throw up, this happened after vaping the nic salts, I can chug away on 18mg freebase and nothing like this has happened with freebase. All I can say in conclusion is it must of been the salts. why I have no idea which is why I asked on the forum. I didn't intend for you guys to argue with each other over it and now I am beginning to think I shouldn't of mentioned it. You all know way much more about vaping so I can't say who is right and who is wrong but don't fall out with each other over it. There is enough shite going on in the world, don't fall out over something this petty.

Thanks for the advice and comments guys, I don't know enough about vaping to dispute or agree with anyone's views, all I can say is what happened to me, I felt light headed and kind of dizzy and thought I was actually throw up, this happened after vaping the nic salts, I can chug away on 18mg freebase and nothing like this has happened with freebase. All I can say in conclusion is it must of been the salts. why I have no idea which is why I asked on the forum. I didn't intend for you guys to argue with each other over it and now I am beginning to think I shouldn't of mentioned it. You all know way much more about vaping so I can't say who is right and who is wrong but don't fall out with each other over it. There is enough shite going on in the world, don't fall out over something this petty.

You should have mentioned it, even semi conflicting answers are better than no answer.

I would say the most likely possibility is that because of the lack of 'hit' on your throat you inadvertently vaped more of it faster than usual - if you wanted more from a fag you puff harder ;)

Second would be some sort of mild intolerance, but this is far less likely tbh and the symptoms don't fit nicely...

When it happened I felt dizzy and sick and quite honestly quite scary, I can't think of anything else that I have done that might have caused it. I generally just have a few blasts on it when I have the craving, but today I was chugging away like a good un so obviously to me that was the main suspect

Yep, I've overdone it on the nicotine before and felt dizzy and a bit shaky. It soon passes and no need to worry.

Will be trying my first DTL tomorrow though not sure if I should leave it a couple of days now lol

@ForestMagpie I have like 4 shortfills and the one I fancy most is a Crème Brulee just putting one nicotine shot in it, it's 75% vg.

@ForestMagpie I have like 4 shortfills and the one I fancy most is a Crème Brulee just putting one nicotine shot in it, it's 75% vg.
Oooh Creme Brulee sounds nice! Let me know how it is and enjoy your DL foray fella. Start low wattage and move up to find the best wattage for you, mine is 30-40w but know some people prefer much higher.

Back
Top Bottom