What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nicotine Salts Question

LordOdin

Veteran
Not been vaping long and being a heavy smoker decided to vape Nic Salts. Today I was doing something on the computer when the freebase liquid I was using ran out, so instead of filling it up I had some nic salts in my Proton with Zenith tank for MTL, I was vaping that at about 12 watts when I suddenly felt sick and dizzy, obviously I had over done it with the salts. I stopped then after about 10-15 minutes I started feeling a bit better. Being new to vaping I should have read up on things and not be to busy to use the freebase, but I honestly didn't think I was over doing it and won't make the same mistake again. Since it happened a couple of hours ago I have of course read up on the subject and know not to vape it like freebase, I have learnt my lesson but has this happened to anyone else ?.

There's fundamentally no reason to use salts differently to freebase.

I used to run salts in an RDA at 60-70W with no issues at all - at the same concentration as freebase in the same setup.

for new vapers you can get a bit of a head rush on nic salts if you are chain vaping as they are so smooth.
nausea or headache is the usual signs to have a break for 30 mins then continue.

When it happened I felt dizzy and sick and quite honestly quite scary, I can't think of anything else that I have done that might have caused it. I generally just have a few blasts on it when I have the craving, but today I was chugging away like a good un so obviously to me that was the main suspect

My Freebase liquid is 18mg and the Salt Nic is 20 mg/ml or 2.0%

When it happened I felt dizzy and sick and quite honestly quite scary, I can't think of anything else that I have done that might have caused it. I generally just have a few blasts on it when I have the craving, but today I was chugging away like a good un so obviously to me that was the main suspect

That’s exactly how I feel when I overdo it with salt liquids, a bit nauseous and light-headed. I find I know when I’ve had enough much quicker with salts. From what I’ve read salts enter your blood stream more quickly than freebase, so chain vaping is likely what caused you to feel that way.

Not been vaping long and being a heavy smoker decided to vape Nic Salts. Today I was doing something on the computer when the freebase liquid I was using ran out, so instead of filling it up I had some nic salts in my Proton with Zenith tank for MTL, I was vaping that at about 12 watts when I suddenly felt sick and dizzy, obviously I had over done it with the salts. I stopped then after about 10-15 minutes I started feeling a bit better. Being new to vaping I should have read up on things and not be to busy to use the freebase, but I honestly didn't think I was over doing it and won't make the same mistake again. Since it happened a couple of hours ago I have of course read up on the subject and know not to vape it like freebase, I have learnt my lesson but has this happened to anyone else ?.

Ha ha been there and done that mate. I usually use freebase 12mg but decided to try some nic salts so I got some in a 20mg. Well, nearly took me head off, felt sick and dizzy and had to have a good lie down! Not touched salts since.

Ha ha been there and done that mate. I usually use freebase 12mg but decided to try some nic salts so I got some in a 20mg. Well, nearly took me head off, felt sick and dizzy and had to have a good lie down! Not touched salts since.
I was a bit shocked, previously before today I was just taking 2 or 3 puffs of it and was quickly satisfied but today for some reason I thought smoking the salts would be like smoking the freebase, I think I have learned my lesson today.

I was a bit shocked, previously before today I was just taking 2 or 3 puffs of it and was quickly satisfied but today for some reason I thought smoking the salts would be like smoking the freebase, I think I have learned my lesson today.
I didn't get the throat hit that I need from the salts so went a bit overboard, never again ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom