What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic shots

Nicola Blades

Hi my normal vape shop has shut down I've been ordering online but I keep making mistakes with nic shots,can someone tell me what's the difference between a 70VG nic shot and 100VG I normally get the 100VG at my vape shop but I've made a mistake and ordered 70VG instead,will this make any difference at all and I use it in a 50ml bottle many thanks

Hi @Nicola Blades and welcome to the planet.

it all depends on your kit and your style of vape ie mouth to lung or sub ohm direct to lung.
if you vape mouth to lung at low wattage then a 50vg/50pg mix is best.
higher wattage for subtanks is best at 70vg but some cheaper juice may already be 70vg when you buy it in a shortfill so adding a 100vg nic shot will make it almost 80vg which is too thick for a lot of coils unless you are using a dripper where you build your own coils.
me personally ive been using 50/50 or 70vg nic shots for quite a while now and much prefer them to 100vg.
so as youve bought 70vg nic shots your coils will thank you and should last longer as the juice will be thinner.

other nic shot suppliers on post 6 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Here's a bunch of numbers ;)

If your 50ml shortfills are 70/30 (pretty standard, ish) then with 100vg shots you'll have 75vg/25pg after mixing.

Using 70vg shots, you'll have 70vg/30pg.

All this means is that the mixed juice will be ever so slightly thinner. But as winter vs summer temperatures will make more difference to the viscosity it's very unlikely you'll notice any difference at all.

If your 50ml shortfills are 70/30 (pretty standard, ish) then with 100vg shots you'll have 75vg/25pg after mixing.

All this means is that the mixed juice will be ever so slightly thinner. But as winter vs summer temperatures will make more difference to the viscosity it's very unlikely you'll notice any difference at all.

Thank you for the reply

Thank you makes sense now

Back
Top Bottom