What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newish.

Not ready to make my own just yet but looking to go to the next step! I’m just unsure what that is.

I’m liking the look of the Aegis x. Is that any good?

hmmmm perhaps a bit of overkill for the next step if staying on mtl.....

if continuing with MTL then Zenith/Zlide kit is next step I reckon....

You can get the Adept kit with Zlide tank - pretty easy bit of kit &
mod is semi-versatile if staying on other MTL tanks perhaps

https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/innokin-adept.html
(free shipping & 2 x bottles juice)
or
https://www.sourcemore.com/innokin-adept-kit-with-zlide-tank.html
(have to pay for shipping, takes about a week, use POTV8 for 8% discount)

other good place is le petit vapoteur

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/...by=position&orderway=desc&search_query=zenith

reg first and price of stuff reduces - coils are €1:49 not €1:79 once regged/logged in

or if you wanna buy Aegis mod there are a few options like 80w built in battery
to 100w or 200w or the Aegis X one with jumbo display....

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/...rby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=aegis

you could get an Aegis mini with 4ml Zenith...

https://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/en/aegis-mini/5916--zenith-aegis-mini-kit.html
(€39:08 when regged/logged in - what's that about £35 ??? free shipping, about 3 days
plus you earn 1 point = €1 off for every €10 spent, so 3 points or €3 off next order
so if you say £35-ish, plus €3 in the bank for next time = £32:50 you "could" say)

**** actually purchase say 1 x 0.8 Ohm Zenith coil to nudge it to €40:57 or something
then you "should" bank 4 points = €4 off next order, but reg first ffs before you buy ****

now that is a versatile bit of kit, 4ml & all ready to go without needing 18650's like the Aegis 100w/200w/X req
(I mean yeah you could go the whole hog if you want but for mtl you don't need to)

Then again the Adept kit is a pretty good option too
or the Aegis mini kit
or the Kroma Zenith kit but is a bit old & likely in UK you will get a 2ml tank

hmmm - think the Aegis Zenith kit might have best option to use higher wattage on other tanks
(if you upgrade further at some point)

Or the Adept is an easy mtl kit option for those looking to upgrade from some basic setup
though the 20 isn't bad, I still have a t20s which was pretty decent tbh

well there are some options without going toooooooo nutz

Last edited:
WOW! And that’s without going nuts. That has made things a little more confusing. But that’s just me. My thinking was buy the best I can and then I won’t need to change to soon! If that makes sense. Thank you for all the information.

For the aegis x by the time you add on 2 sets batteries, a charger, a mtl tank your looking at around £100.
Though it is more future proof if you decide on high power DTL vaping at some point.

I think the best option would be a zlide/zenith tank, a single battery mod (80-100w), a couple of batteries and s charger.

Last edited:
WOW! And that’s without going nuts. That has made things a little more confusing. But that’s just me. My thinking was buy the best I can and then I won’t need to change to soon! If that makes sense. Thank you for all the information.

It's not a bad methodology imo...

My first device was an Aegis legend plus a rebuildable MTL tank.

I've bought other mods since (and a pod or two) but the legend is still in pretty much in daily use a year later. The others kinda fade in and out of use depending on my mood.

The advantage to a dual cell mod is that at MTL power levels the batteries last ages (and you can dabble in or switch to high power stuff on the same mod).

Disadvantage is mainly the size, it's a lot harder to pop in a pocket compared to a little tube.

My opinion is if you like it, get it. There's really no point in "working your way up" unless you just like spending more money. It's not like you need to practice on smaller stuff first ;) Almost any atomiser you fancy will go on top so you don't (usually) need a specific mod each time you fancy a different atty.

Yeah, it might be knocking on £100 if you go for the aegis and associated gubbins - but if you're wanting to get that in the end anyway then the other stuff you buy in the interim isn't going to be saving any money, it's making it way more expensive but spreading it out.

Would I need a charger? It says on the information I found you can charge them while in the mod.

Would I need a charger? It says on the information I found you can charge them while in the mod.

It's not usually recommended to charge them in the mod - but a decent 2 bay charger can be had for around 10-15 quid.

An external charger also means you can charge one set while using another (using it while charging is something I really wouldn't recommend...)

I've learned alot from here in the 7 months ive been vaping. Without this place I dont think I would even have a varible wattage device yet alone making my own coils.

As I said you don't have to go nutz but completely up to you.....

You could after learning to drive & pass your test in a Fiat 500, buy a BMW M series or something

You could buy stfu watch, resistant to 200m, shockproof, titanium steel with 4 pages of spec...
(then lose the fucking thing....)

Most mods will do 100w with temp control which will be plenty for mtl or dabble into moderate dtl stuff
yes you could buy the best you can afford or heck buy 2 or 3 very good mtl kits/mods for same price
(so you got spare(s) etc.....)

All I did was give you like a suggestion or two/three for under £35
(which is a very good versatile kit/setup for the money)
How much did you pay for your t20 kit & all that in comparison ???

Of course you can go nutz, completely up to you, 18650's @ £4~£5 each can be charged in situ or external charger
(18650.co.uk have 18.65% off this week with code 18650 & free ship on say a tenner buying 3 of them)
Yes you can go down external battery mod route, but was keeping it simple/low cost with Aegis mini/Zenith
(neither of those two devices would be a waste of money for a mtl user)

You can buy a mod with 2 or even 3 18650's or whatnot, but then there is the size of it too
plus the Aegis X is more money & screen is nice & big but does tend to scratch easily they say

So you could buy say 2 good mtl kits, so you have spare to charge or if you misplace one
or go nutz and buy a BMW M3 etc....

really up to you, your money - your choice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom