What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie.. again, help please starting over

So I've "narrowed down" the list based on what you guys have said, reviews on here and online. There are a lot of options out there!

Looking a little further into each, but any immediate thoughts?

Smok: Nord 2 / 4 / X - these seem very popular but isn't the mouthpiece a bit weird?
Voopoo: Drag S / X / Pro / Plus - as above
Vaporesso: PM80 / PM80 SE / LUXE 80 - probably SE @MrDJ, or I take up your offer @Sam Andrews on the Luxe 80
Lost Vape: Ursa Mini Pod / Cyborg Quest 100W - you can probably tell I'm leaning towards more power now..
Geekvape: M100 / S100 / Aegis Mini/Max / Aegis Boost Pro/Plus/LE - these look particualarly tempting!

Surprised by the geekvape/aeigis options, as they weren't on the radar but then kept showing up with positive online reviews, though haven't seen much here. Lost

It is all really subjective. For example, I am a big fan of Lost Vape. If you're looking at the Cyborg, the Quest chip is very well rated, but you won't find any currently in the UK (or if you do, please let me know :) ).

Adding something else to the mix now that you have included 21700 mods and 100W. The Lost Vape Grus is a fantastic device (same chip as the Cyborg), and the kit tank (UB Pod Pro) comes with SS coils that can do temperature control. The kit can be picked up for a shade over £35. Both the Grus and the Cyborg take 18650 and 21700 batteries. If you go this route, get 21700 batteries, my recommendation would be the Molicel P42A.

Geekvape. Not sure I can fault the Aegis max, but I have not owned one. Comes with a great tank. Go 21700 with it as well. The others you mentioned either have internal batteries, are only 18650 (I think a single 100W mod needs a 21700 battery, an 18650 isn't powerful enough), or wattage only.

You might be fine with wattage only, or an internal battery, or a pod.

But if you want a mod that you can grow into, get a 510 connector mod that can do temp control. And if it's a single battery mod, make it a 21700.

So, Lost Vape Grus or Aegis Max. Or wait for the Lost Vape Cyborg to come out :)

That's my take.

I can only speak to the Boost LE and the boost plus here. The boost LE is just a fancy boost which wets itself more than a toddler, the plus is good but the pro is better and no it would not be a device for MTL and RDL unless you like a very loose MTL.
I only have the Grus mod which @hack400 has mentioned above but it is an absolutely superb mod for sure, great chip, takes 18650 and 21700, it's a little large but it's fantastic.

Hi @GoApeAndVape, you've already been given some great options but if you want my tuppence worth then you can't go wrong with a Lost Vape product. The Grus and Ursa Quest are both outstanding and I'm in no doubt the Cyborg will be good too. But honestly, take up @Sam Andrews on his kind offer of the Luxe 80. It's an excellent kit and a perfect first foray into DTL. The pod performs well and the GTX coils are brilliant, the only downside is no 510.

Using the GRUS myself and have to agree with everything said already about it. I would go Lost Vape over Geekvape every time. Cyborg looks interesting and may get one myself, i love the rugged almost Industrial look of it.

Send me a message anyways about the luxe mate it's not getting used at mine you could use it as a back up or a 2nd device bud

Thanks a lot guys, down to three:

- lost vape cyborg: looks really good!
- lost vape grus: tried and tested and loved!
- geekvape aegis boost pro: just me, haha!

I’ll take a closer look at all three and pop into some vape shops to actually see them, that’ll help finally make up my mind

Meanwhile I’ll take up @Sam Andrews ‘ offer if it still stands, DM’d you

Back
Top Bottom