What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie.. again, help please starting over

All good questions! I guess preferences for both MTL and DTL are similar in my case. Literally only different being I’d expect the DTL to be a little bigger and the vaping experience different.

looked again at the Vaporesso PM80, looks good and I think the size is about right. But some shared concerns about leaking not ideal. So something in that kind of range I would say
I think you are probably heading in the direction you want. It's going to be pretty easy to use, and do what you want.

The only thing I will say is that with most pod mods you are buying in to a single ecosystem. If you get a mod with a 510 connector it opens up options for different tanks at a later stage. Just something to consider.

Good luck and enjoy!

ok going with this - three free liquids and hopefully arrives tomorrow.
Then I will keep looking at the other options, for DTL and liquids.

View attachment 255395

Good choice, im still using the A2 now, just make sure you put the pod on a tissue for a few mins after filling, i did mention that on my review and try not to overfill it. Other than that its a great kit matey, its not leaked in the device once.

Im not keen on those salts BUT many are and great deal u got there!

As Si said if you have any irritation from the Salts stop using them. Saying that 2 people i switched did cough initially but after a few vapes they were fine so trial and error when it comes to juice lovely.

Dee

Last edited:
thanks didn’t know this!

You'll probably be fine but there is more than a handful of people here that don't get on with them at all. (there was a poll and I was surprised, as I thought it was just me!) but yeah, it's worth trying both to see what you prefer.

My PM80 has honestly never leaked once. but your decision, i suppose you can get dodgy pods or whatever, hope you find what your looking for.

An alternative approach for DL that may be worth considering is to buy a separate 510 mod and tank. It isn't necessarily the most expensive route, for example Washington Vapes are currently selling off the Famovape Magma Box Mod for £15 (there are several listings for gold/black/rainbow frames so its worth checking every mod listed) or the lightweight ABS Magma Mate for £12. For that price you should be able to pick up a good sub ohm tank to pair with it.

It is worth considering, although pod mods are fairly cheap and convenient you are tied in to that type of tank and coil range. If you decide to go the pod mod route avoid anything obscure as you may need incredible google fu to find coils or replacement pods.

All good questions! I guess preferences for both MTL and DTL are similar in my case. Literally only different being I’d expect the DTL to be a little bigger and the vaping experience different.

looked again at the Vaporesso PM80, looks good and I think the size is about right. But some shared concerns about leaking not ideal. So something in that kind of range I would say
the PM80 are great little pod mods BUT ive had to chuck both that ive had for just over 6 months as they both decided to stop charging. not the cable as tried 6 but the coneection socket i guess was the issue.
so not to be beaten i then bought 2 PM80SE with the removable 18650 and both been great since.
the pods can leak and ive sussed out why. the rubber bung has to be pulled out to fill and after time this weakens the rubber so it then leaks. just used a new pod and no leaking since.

pic to show size difference

IMG_20210929_183818_copy_1384x1037.jpg

So I've "narrowed down" the list based on what you guys have said, reviews on here and online. There are a lot of options out there!

Looking a little further into each, but any immediate thoughts?

Smok: Nord 2 / 4 / X - these seem very popular but isn't the mouthpiece a bit weird?
Voopoo: Drag S / X / Pro / Plus - as above
Vaporesso: PM80 / PM80 SE / LUXE 80 - probably SE @MrDJ, or I take up your offer @Sam Andrews on the Luxe 80
Lost Vape: Ursa Mini Pod / Cyborg Quest 100W - you can probably tell I'm leaning towards more power now..
Geekvape: M100 / S100 / Aegis Mini/Max / Aegis Boost Pro/Plus/LE - these look particualarly tempting!

Surprised by the geekvape/aeigis options, as they weren't on the radar but then kept showing up with positive online reviews, though haven't seen much here. Lost

Last edited:
So I've "narrowed down" the list based on what you guys have said, reviews on here and online. There are a lot of options out there!

Surprised by the geekvape/aeigis options, as they weren't on the radar but then kept showing up with positive online reviews, though haven't seen much here. Lost
ive not got the smaller geekvape mods but do have 1 x mod, 2 legends and 1 legend 2 and cant rait them higly enough. built like tanks and if the bigger kits are anything to go by then the smaller mods will hopefully be as good.

Narrowing further... almost there I hope!

Lost Vape:
Cyborg Quest 100W - I like the look of this, but not seen many reviews, quality, etc. any ideas?

Geekvape:
S100 (Solo) - looks like a decent bit of kit, better than the M100 and main diffence this has an external battery (a good thing, right?). But the Aegis Boost range confusing me...

Aegis Boost Pro - 100W, external battery, 510 adapter, seems to have it all as a DTL device. Comapred to Cyborg Quest 100W?

Aegis Boost Plus - 40W, would (could) this have been the single MTL/DTL device rather than going for seperate devices? External battery, 510 adapter

Aegis Boost LE - 40W, would (could) this have been the single MTL/DTL device rather than going for seperate devices? Looks like internal battery, and no 510 compatibility. Meant to be luxury, but just looks like poorer features vs the Plus?

I already bought the Uwell Caliburn A2 as a MTL, but if the boost plus/LE are actually decent MTL/DTL devices then do I just go with one of those and return the unopened Caliburn when it arrives? To be fair it was a good deal with the free liquids, so could keep it anyway.

If not, then what do you guys think for the second device? Would it be between Cyborg / S100 / Boost Pro and disregard the 40W Boost Plus / LE?

Back
Top Bottom