What's new

Newb with Drag S

It has been said that the Voopoo Drag S is a Direct To Lung (DTL) but it's suggested to use a Mouth To Lung (MTL) kit to try and kick the smokes.
Generally what this means is that with a 70VG/30PG juice and a nicotine level of 3mg with a 0.20 ohm coil you would inhale deep into your lungs and exhale massive clouds.
Where as with a 50VG/50PG juice and a nicotine level of 12 mg you would inhale into your mouth then inhale into your lungs and exhale less clouds.
There are ways and means of creating the ''pull/drag'' action of smoking,less air going into the coil or a smaller hole to inhale from but i find the top hole of the voopoo 0.80 ohm coils to be small enough.
Lastly i would suggest to mimic (at first at least) the rituals you have while actually smoking if it's having a cup of coffee,standing outside etc.
Before the others weigh in,this is only my opinion and vaping 3mg of nic at 200 watts might suit you.

giphy-6.gif

Thanks all. I have got the PnP VM-1 0.3 Ohm Coil & PnP VM-5 0.2 Ohm Coil which came with the unit.

I've ordered the 1.2 Ohm coil. I also ordered some 70PG/30VG but now know this is probably going to be even harsher ?

I might also try a lower nicotine.

Or maybe look for a more beginner mouth to lung vape :S
Can i suggest that you wait and try the 1.20 ohm coils with the 50/50 juice.I'm vaping with the 0.80 ohm PNP R-1 coil with a 50/50 juice at 10 watts with 12mg nicotine and it's quite good.
You would need a high nicotine level as vaping isn't as good as getting nicotine into your body as smoking and you'll get withdrawals.

Can i suggest that you wait and try the 1.20 ohm coils with the 50/50 juice.I'm vaping with the 0.80 ohm PNP R-1 coil with a 50/50 juice at 10 watts with 12mg nicotine and it's quite good.
You would need a high nicotine level as vaping isn't as good as getting nicotine into your body as smoking and you'll get withdrawals.

Yeah I will try the other coil, it should be here tomorrow and I will start with my 50/50 mix rather than change to many things at once.

So from what I've read and with the help on here,

The higher ohm coils are better for MTL and best to use 50/50 or higher PG compared to VG and will be more like smoking, less vape as well. More throat hit.

The lower ohm coils are better for DTL and best to use 70/30 with higher VG, lower nicotine or zero, much larger vape. Less throat hit.

IHi,

Complete newb to vaping and have just got a Drag S. I used to smoke 15 or so years ago but recently started again but I'm not a heavy smoker. Thought I would try vaping to give me that smoking feel but without the smell and mess of fags !

So got the Drag S and a 50/50 mix 6mg liquid to get me started. It hurts my throat ! :18:

Read I should start with the 0.3ohm and around 25w but this hurts my throat makes me cough !

Could really do with some help picking the correct coil, wattage, air flow setting and the right liquid mix.

I do have a Voopoo 1.2ohm on order and a 70PG/30VG coming.

Any tips please ?

Want to be able to take a good drag and not cough my heart up :2thumbsup:

Airflow wide open and 3mg eliquid. (6mg is a bit too much for a start)
Coughing is "normal". You need to get used to it. Dont worry. It happened to me also.

Do not try to inhale it as a cigarette, its not mouth to lung, you need to breathe thru the device. Let the vapour fill your lungs, start with sort pulls until you feel you can take longer pulls.

So from what I've read and with the help on here,

The higher ohm coils are better for MTL and best to use 50/50 or higher PG compared to VG and will be more like smoking, less vape as well. More throat hit.

The lower ohm coils are better for DTL and best to use 70/30 with higher VG, lower nicotine or zero, much larger vape. Less throat hit.
spot on.

Got the 1.2ohm coil today and tried it at 12w with 50/50 it's a lot better still a little harsh at the back of the throat but nothing compared to what it was like.

Maybe a lower nicotine would be a little smoother or even 40PG/60VG would help ?

You could also try a Nic Salts liquid. They're much smoother, but also stronger so you'll still get a good hit which will help coming off the cigs.

Back
Top Bottom