What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newb with Drag S

SAW

Postman
IHi,

Complete newb to vaping and have just got a Drag S. I used to smoke 15 or so years ago but recently started again but I'm not a heavy smoker. Thought I would try vaping to give me that smoking feel but without the smell and mess of fags !

So got the Drag S and a 50/50 mix 6mg liquid to get me started. It hurts my throat ! :18:

Read I should start with the 0.3ohm and around 25w but this hurts my throat makes me cough !

Could really do with some help picking the correct coil, wattage, air flow setting and the right liquid mix.

I do have a Voopoo 1.2ohm on order and a 70PG/30VG coming.

Any tips please ?

Want to be able to take a good drag and not cough my heart up :2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that higher pg liquid can be harsher on the throat, maybe a higher VG liquid would help, I'm sure someone else will be along with better suggestions... It can take a little getting used to when first starting vaping also, I remember I coughed quite a bit when I first started as it was a new sensation but got used to it quite quickly...

Is it the 0.80 ohm coil.then run it at 10 watts or so.I have the air vent half open.
I don't think it comes with a 0.80 ohm coil in the box.You might be vaping a high PG (50VG/50PG) on the wrong coil.
Decent mod kit but try to get the larger 4ml tanks.

Hi @SAW and welcome to the planet.

not got that kit but will try and help a bit while you wait for others.

as advertised
The mod comes with 5-60 watts, and the low resistance coils and superb airflow makes this a great choice for Direct-Lung vaping.
PnP VM1 03 Ω: 32-40 W
PnP VM5 02 Ω: 40-60 W

so direct to lung vaping is best with 3mg and on average 70vg juice.
pg gives throat hit as well as you are using higher 6mg so at higher wattage you will have a more of a throat hit.

not sure if your kit has the option of a higher ohm mouth to lung coil like a 1.2, 1.6, 1.8 which uses lower wattage with 50/50 juice and can take much higher nicotine without the harsh throat hit.

if youve just quit the cigs and started vaping you will first go through the detox stage which can take upto 2 weeks where you will cough now and again as your body detoxes all the shite that has built up from the cigs. it will pass.
good luck on your journey.

I would try the 50/50 juice on the 1.2ohm coil mate will be less harsh on your throat and a tighter draw

Hi!

As above, higher VG will be smoother and should better for the coils you have. Also make sure you're priming your coils properly before use - this means dropping some liquid in the little holes and a few drops in the middle (not so much it pisses out but enough to saturate the cotton). Then once installed in the pod, fill up and let it sit for a further 10 minutes. If you vape them too soon you can burn them out.

It will take your lungs a bit of time to get used to vaping too, but its definitely worth persevering with. Just don't expect it to be any cheaper once shinyitis kicks in :D

I couldn't go higher than 20w's on the 0.3 coil with a 3mg 70/30 juice so usually ran it at 15-17w's and it was alot better but like others have said try a higher vg juice and see what happens as its pg that gives you the throat hit and vg gives you the cloud or vapers

Personally I would try the 1.2 ohm coil with 50/50 liquid and try it at 10 watts. Maybe increase watts a bit to experiment after.

Thanks all. I have got the PnP VM-1 0.3 Ohm Coil & PnP VM-5 0.2 Ohm Coil which came with the unit.

I've ordered the 1.2 Ohm coil. I also ordered some 70PG/30VG but now know this is probably going to be even harsher ?

I might also try a lower nicotine.

Or maybe look for a more beginner mouth to lung vape :S

Hi and welcome :D

Don't have that device or use that kind of liquid and style so can't help with your issue, but looks like there are some good suggestions so far.

Back
Top Bottom