What's new

Newb RTA Blotto, Wasp, Gear, Destiny or ??

last off topic question, was trying to order the Unity and mesh wire... all mesh wire/sheets are extremely low resistance, would they work at at low watts
My limited experience with 0.2/0.3 ohm coils, they flood and spit but don't produce vapor at low wattage, produce way too much vapor at the wattage they do work.

I run my Unity at 45-55W with the OFRF strips (0.13 and 0.15ohm) and flavour is amazing. Not too cloudy that you'd fill a room, but enough for a very satisfying vape. Never had it spit or flood either. Same deal with the Zeus X Mesh, although I rarely push that above 45W. Not sure if you'd consider that low, but it certainly isn't high :)

How does the destiny compare to the kylin mini? Anyone use both?

From my personal research, reading hundreds of comparisons, kylin has top airflow which generally sacrifices a little favor for not leaking. Its less forgiving wire and wick properly, but with that going against it(the V2) its the popular single coil rta. Destiny is uniquely simple to build. seems to have issues if cotton ports arent packed or it you use <3mm coils. I personally loved it when I saw it, got talked into buying the MD and Ares 2. So I'm glad thus time around my choice is validated. But i think if you built a few different rta's, Kylin will be fast enough to learn and better all purpose atty.

I run my Unity at 45-55W with the OFRF strips (0.13 and 0.15ohm) and flavour is amazing. Not too cloudy that you'd fill a room, but enough for a very satisfying vape. Never had it spit or flood either. Same deal with the Zeus X Mesh, although I rarely push that above 45W. Not sure if you'd consider that low, but it certainly isn't high :)
IDK if this is relevant but I just out in a 0.3 ohm aero mesh insert in a baby beast tank if range is 30-40watts while the regular 0.5ohm coils ive been using are for 40-55watts and won't fire at 30 watts which is baffling, This adds too much complexity to a topic i don't understand.

Last edited:
IDK if this is relevant but I just out in a 0.3 ohm aero mesh insert in a baby beast tank if range is 30-40watts while the regular 0.5ohm coils ive been using are for 40-55watts and won't fire at 30 watts which is baffling, This adds too much complexity to a topic i don't understand.
Even with lower resistance mesh tends to need less power than the equivalent resistance wire coil, it's down to the mass of the material that you are trying to heat up.

last off topic question, was trying to order the Unity and mesh wire... all mesh wire/sheets are extremely low resistance, would they work at at low watts
My limited experience with 0.2/0.3 ohm coils, they flood and spit but don't produce vapor at low wattage, produce way too much vapor at the wattage they do work.
Mesh is not for you...
Flood? bad wicking
Spitback? because of flood = bad wicking

Of course they dont produce any vapor or flavour at low watt. Those are meant to work withiin a power range. ;)

RBA mesh, nowadays is designed for powerful DTL. That implies huge clouds irredeemably.

From my personal research, reading hundreds of comparisons, kylin has top airflow which generally sacrifices a little favor for not leaking. Its less forgiving wire and wick properly, but with that going against it(the V2) its the popular single coil rta. Destiny is uniquely simple to build. seems to have issues if cotton ports arent packed or it you use <3mm coils. I personally loved it when I saw it, got talked into buying the MD and Ares 2. So I'm glad thus time around my choice is validated. But i think if you built a few different rta's, Kylin will be fast enough to learn and better all purpose atty.
Im tired reading top airflow atomizers lack or sacrifice flavour. Its not true, and it does not make any sense. Theres not a single consolidated proof for that as a rule of thumb.
And Im not saying this just because I have a Kylim Mini 2 and the flavour is amazing, Any other tank with top AF I tried, likely the Zeus series and the Intake series, are also top in flavour department.

Im sure there shitty top AF atomizers with mild flavour, but thats just like it happens with bottom AF atomizers.

I have both and are in my regular rotation. To be honest as far as performance goes, I can't knock either of them, they are both superb. There is certainly no sacrifice on flavour with the Kylin Mini II being top airflow and I’ve had no issues with either of them flooding. The Kylin Mini II does have an issue with the straight glass which restricts the air getting back into the tank, but I’m running both with bubble glasses anyway so no issue for me. Surprisingly the Kylin Mini II has a slightly smother airflow than the Destiny. It would be difficult to choose between the two if I was to buy another, which one would I go for? I honestly don’t know.

Mesh is not for you...
Flood? bad wicking
Spitback? because of flood = bad wicking

Of course they dont produce any vapor or flavour at low watt. Those are meant to work withiin a power range. ;)

He wasn't saying he gets flooding and spitback with mesh, rather he had those problems with low ohm standard coils at low wattage.

As I replied, I run my mesh tanks at relatively low wattage (45-55W) and experience none of these issues. I can even drop the Zeus down to 35W and it still vapes nicely.

Like Addict says, you don't need as much power to get the best out of mesh. That's one of the benefits along with it heating up much quicker.

The Destiny & Kylin v2 are pretty much the only single coil sub tanks I have running, both are a piece of cake to build. I do have a Druga RTA on the go too but that has way less airflow. Tell a lie, I have the Zeus (old ass single coil version) running, it's a great tank but hard to track down now

The top airflow on the Kylin doesn't ding the flavour imo, I think it edges the Destiny but the Destiny looks cooler than the Kylin, the Kylin looks a bit goofy with the bubble tank :18:

...Im tired reading top airflow atomizers lack or sacrifice flavour. Its not true, and it does not make any sense. Theres not a single consolidated proof for that as a rule of thumb,,.
Top airflow tanks have more air traveling through the tank for a longer amount of time at higher pressure against gravity before contacting the coil. All of these things can cause muted performance. Both the design of a top airflow RTA, and the users coiling/wicking techniques have much tighter tolerances before performance is affected.

Back
Top Bottom