What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New vaper in need of advice please!

The vape you are using does it mimic smoking close enough?
It maybe that it's getting hotter than it should as i believe the draw from that kit will be looser than smoking.
The other thing to consider is smoking does all sorts of things to the mouth and issues seem to occur when we stop.
Smoking restricts blood from the minute blood vessels and after a few days of being smoke free the blood comes rushing back and can cause bleeding gums, ulcers, a feeling the tongue and gums are raw etc.....
This will heal after a few weeks and tbh i suspect you are just going through this phase.

Its definately looser but I didn't mind it. I've had better bits of kit in the past but always from the same shop. Am debating buying something different as I really want this to work.

This makes sense about the blood rushing back into my mouth, very true. If I haven't already been sussed out im a bit of a worrier so I'm afraid I naturally just assume the worst straight away and for me that was a reaction. Feel a little silly now.

there was a lot of politics around 3 years ago and TW were the culprits so a lot of us wanted nothing to do with them after that.

if its a 0.4ohm coil then i guess that will be more a direct to lung draw so ok for the 75vg juice while the 1.2ohm coil was for mouth to lung which is much like inhaling a cig and better with 50vg juice..

edit

i would give tw a wide berth. if your after a new kit we can advise but there is so many kits out there it can get a bit brain overload at times.

our recommended suppliers can be found on post 5 of my above link. have a gander and tell us what you like the look of. dont buy anything until you post about it here first as we always have discount codes for a lot of places.

Its definately looser but I didn't mind it. I've had better bits of kit in the past but always from the same shop. Am debating buying something different as I really want this to work.

This makes sense about the blood rushing back into my mouth, very true. If I haven't already been sussed out im a bit of a worrier so I'm afraid I naturally just assume the worst straight away and for me that was a reaction. Feel a little silly now.
It's new so best to find these things out and you've ended up in safe hands here.
As @MrDJ above says be mindful of drinking enough as vaping does dehydrate slightly and I'm sure you'll push past your issues in a few days.

Hi all, so today I'm going to go to a different shop and get a new kit and totally different juices. Would you recommend getting a certain %mix of juice or treating it as an allergy or forgetting the allergy thing all together. I didnt vape all day yesterday and my throat is more sore so maybe unconnected. Roof of my mouth and tounge still sore but partner had a stinky a min ago and I really fancied it. I didnt have one but need to get this sorted ASAP before I do. Any advice?

I got mouth ulcers for about a year...

as everyone had said it's really difficult to know if any of these things are the result of 'not smoking' or 'starting vaping'. There are a lot of side effects to quitting smoking though, especially if you've been smoking for a long time. Unless you have a very severe reaction to something in e-liquid (which would be rare and unlikely) there isn't much in there that's going to do you any harm, it might take a little while to get used to though.

I can't vape nicotine salts though, if they had been around when I started I might have had big issues switching to vaping.

Hi all, so today I'm going to go to a different shop and get a new kit and totally different juices. Would you recommend getting a certain %mix of juice or treating it as an allergy or forgetting the allergy thing all together. I didnt vape all day yesterday and my throat is more sore so maybe unconnected. Roof of my mouth and tounge still sore but partner had a stinky a min ago and I really fancied it. I didnt have one but need to get this sorted ASAP before I do. Any advice?
going to a brick and morter store is a good idea to get a feel of each kit but there are a lot of cowboys out there who just want to make a sale of whatever they have too much stock of.
maybe a good idea to tell us which town you are in and then locals can recommend the good guys out there that are willing to advise and not hard sell you something that wont suit you.

first thing is which type of vape do you prefer.
your kit you are using is a fixed wattage kit with no controls to turn wattage up/down. these work on battery power so when fully charged they give the full effect but as the battery drains the draw gets less.
i think a regulated kit with all the safety with a variable wattage would suit you better. they vary from 40watts to 220watts.
mouth to lung (just like smoking) so inhale to mouth then take down to lungs. these use higher ohm coils like the 1.2 you have previously used at lower wattage which have a tighter draw. better with 50vg/50pg

or a direct to lung sub ohm kit which uses lower ohm coils. inhale is direct to the lungs and a losser draw a bit like using a bong if you ever dabbled in that. these ca use higher wattage and better with 70vg liquid.

ive got over 50 kits and the latest i bought does both the above depending on the coils you buy.
vaporesso PM80 is a pod kit that goes upto 80watts

worth a look before you go to the shops. i paid £30 each for the 2 ive got and its around £10 for a box of 5 coils. you can get the kit for £20 online but some stores are charging upto £45 which is a rip off.

have a look at one of the reviews (since this video was made they have brought out the 1.2 coil for mouth to lung)

various coils available

vaperesso PM80 GTX coils.JPG

I am in Hastings and on having a Google. We have loads of shops but definately wanted to go and have a look to see what i think. Variable wattage is a good idea for me i think. I need it to be close to a cig so I'm guessing 50/50.

Thank ill check out the video.

Again, appreciate all the help.

Back
Top Bottom