What's new

New user - Question about building RTA

Mac90

Initiate
Hello folks was hoping someone could clear this up for me.

I've started building my own coils in the last few weeks, so far so good, fairly straight forward. I'm buying pre-wrapped coils at the moment, until i get a bit more used to it.

Anyways, I decided to try clapton coils, and bought a box of 10x 0.8ohm from eBay. However, when building single coil builds they read as 0.49x ohms on my mod and using dual (as i am just now) they are at .24x, loads of vapor but lacking in flavour as you can imagine.

So my question is this, are these simply .5ohm coils mis-labeled accidentally by the vendor, or is there some conversion with the clapton coils meaning to get a .4ohm build i'd need something other than 2x.8ohm pre-wraps?

Hope someone can clear this up, and i'm open to suggestions on affordable vendors of pre-wraps, if anyone has any favourites.

Many thanks

Are you thinking the flavour would be improved if they were 0.4 instead of 0.26Ω? I’m not sure it would be any different. The resistance of the coils will vary depending on how you fit them, length of the legs and how much you trim off etc.

As above.
The way you've built and wicked will have most influence on flavour.

Are you thinking the flavour would be improved if they were 0.4 instead of 0.26Ω? I’m not sure it would be any different. The resistance of the coils will vary depending on how you fit them, length of the legs and how much you trim off etc.

I'm thinking it would based on my other builds..

Edit i'm mistaken, My original coils were bought from a shop and may not have been .8 ohm at all but came in a bag with no marking.

Does anyone want to hazard a guess, what i should buy, knowing i will have to trim a lot of it off? i'd be happy with anything between .4 and .6 on a dual build. I'm using a Geekvape zeus duel.

Last edited:
I’ve bouggt the below coils before it’s a box of 200 pre made 0.8ohm sold by seller :thinkvape on amazon ,

I’ve used these in two different tanks pretty much all of the coils read out at 0.ohm

Attachments

• A77810FC-3571-45B7-A8CD-B66590C2AAB1.jpeg
    A77810FC-3571-45B7-A8CD-B66590C2AAB1.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 57
I’ve bouggt the below coils before it’s a box of 200 pre made 0.8ohm sold by seller :thinkvape on amazon ,

I’ve used these in two different tanks pretty much all of the coils read out at 0.ohm

You mean 0.8ohm?

If the trimming is cutting the resistance, i'm thinking i'll need to go higher, taking that into account?

You mean 0.8ohm?

If the trimming is cutting the resistance, i'm thinking i'll need to go higher, taking that into account?
You mean 0.8ohm?

I’ve read these coils on two different mods and a coil master coil reader coils all read after I’ve fitted them and trimmed of the legs pretty much all these coils read out as being 0.8ohm coils,

Kind regards ,

Hello folks was hoping someone could clear this up for me.

I've started building my own coils in the last few weeks, so far so good, fairly straight forward. I'm buying pre-wrapped coils at the moment, until i get a bit more used to it.

Anyways, I decided to try clapton coils, and bought a box of 10x 0.8ohm from eBay. However, when building single coil builds they read as 0.49x ohms on my mod and using dual (as i am just now) they are at .24x, loads of vapor but lacking in flavour as you can imagine.

So my question is this, are these simply .5ohm coils mis-labeled accidentally by the vendor, or is there some conversion with the clapton coils meaning to get a .4ohm build i'd need something other than 2x.8ohm pre-wraps?

Hope someone can clear this up, and i'm open to suggestions on affordable vendors of pre-wraps, if anyone has any favourites.

Many thanks
I might be barking up the wrong tree ....... but are these kanthal coils?

Back
Top Bottom