What's new

New To Vaping & Looking For Advice

That's absolutely normal, it's just your body having a withdrawal from the fags it'll pass in a couple of days, my wife struggled to handle me for a couple of weeks when I quit

I have good days and bad days. More bad than good unfortunately, and on good days can freely like I can drop my nic levels, and then tomorrow comes.
I've read that people have spent a year or more on 18mg and higher, so I just carry on for the time being with my 18's and 24mgs.
It's keeping me off my he ciggies which is what I want.

Well I am still cigarette free which is brilliant for me, not far off 2 weeks now. But I am going through a bottle (10ml) of juice a day, sometimes a little more. I am down to 6mg of nicotine but I am not sure if i am using it so much because I smoked so much before, or whether its because I love the flavours so much which I do. At 3.99 a bottle I will only be saving a little compared the baccy I used to buy, and thats not accounting for the coils I have to replace. Not moaning here, I am glad I enjoy vaping instead of smoking. I went to my moms today (who is still a heavy smoker) and I hated the smoke, made me cough and splutter just being around it. So I don't know if I should cut down on the vapour or embrace the new world of flavours I am getting, loving the Granny's Crumble and Banoffee Pie flavours lol.

Glad you're still doing well! :)

As @Crag says, if you swopped to the 1.8 ohm coil at a lower wattage you would probably get through less juice, and could perhaps up your nic but vape less of it, if you're worried about the amount of juice you get through. As has been said, though, if you're not smoking then that's the main thing! :D

I will try the 1.8 coil when i next need to refill. Im just worried that I wont get a lot of vape from it.

I will try the 1.8 coil when i next need to refill. Im just worried that I wont get a lot of vape from it.
If it helps, after 2 years (bugger me - I've just seen my sig!!) I'm still a MTL vaper on above ohm coils and low wattages. It helps to shut down the airflow to increase the heat and concentrate the flavour ........ but I admit I also tend to stick to higher PG juices (50/50) that tend to carry better flavour. Try all sorts of things to find your own way, that's what I did, but is also helps to understand what works and why. There is a mountain of info here and there are always friendly folks to answer questions. :)

If it helps, after 2 years (bugger me - I've just seen my sig!!) I'm still a MTL vaper on above ohm coils and low wattages. It helps to shut down the airflow to increase the heat and concentrate the flavour ........ but I admit I also tend to stick to higher PG juices (50/50) that tend to carry better flavour. Try all sorts of things to find your own way, that's what I did, but is also helps to understand what works and why. There is a mountain of info here and there are always friendly folks to answer questions. :)
I have to contradict some of what Crewela has said. I started off shutting the airways as I wanted a ciggie type draw, but have recently opened them up and vaped in a sub ohm type way and got an increase in throat hit and increase in flavour.
I will agree 100% with crewela in that you need to try and vape in different ways to find what suits you..
I'm one of those that those around me would have said would never give up smoking. I've vaped some rubbish but never smoked since February.
I've vapours tongue at the moment an dits a pain in the backside, but stick with it to reap the benefits

I have to contradict some of what Crewela has said. I started off shutting the airways as I wanted a ciggie type draw, but have recently opened them up and vaped in a sub ohm type way and got an increase in throat hit and increase in flavour.
I will agree 100% with crewela in that you need to try and vape in different ways to find what suits you..
I'm one of those that those around me would have said would never give up smoking. I've vaped some rubbish but never smoked since February.
I've vapours tongue at the moment an dits a pain in the backside, but stick with it to reap the benefits
To clarify, I was specifically suggesting that shutting down the airway might help when using the 1.8 ohm coils at a lower wattage, which in effect is going to MTL and away from lung hitting, in order to concentrate the heat and the flavour. There will already be a drop in airflow when changing to the 1.8 ohm coil because of the structure of the coil itself, but you do sometimes need to shut down the air intake a little as well - I didn't mean it as a general point about DTL versus MTL.

As you say, the important thing is to try every way you can until you find what works for you. :)

No need to clarify, I wasnt knocking your findings. It just shows that we all vape in different way and find things differ as we play around with things.
It is frustrating, and I don't understand why the same tank on the same setting with the same juice can be so different from one day to the next.

Well I'm down to 3mg on the nicotine and for me it's a bloody miracle. But I think I am experiencing "vapours tounge" if that's what you call it. All my juices seem to be flavour less. I changed my coil yesterday after getting the burnt taste and today it's like I'm vaping nothing :( . I've tried mouthwash more than usual but still no change. Does anyone have any remedies to this. I miss my Rhubard & Crumble? Also does this "vapours tounge happen more than once or is this a regular thing? Only 3 weeks into vaping and I wasn't expecting it.

Back
Top Bottom