What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New To Vaping & Looking For Advice

So I have bit the bullet and gone for the Aspire Zelos kit and I'm actually really excited about it. So with the 0.7 cool would I produce more vape than the 1 8 Ohm?

It also has Variable wattage, variable voltage, bypass & temperature control which I really don't understand the need at the moment but I'll have fun playing I guess, but any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks so far for all the information. It's helped me a lot. I'm even thinking about DL vaping but I don't want to run before I can walk if you know what I mean.

So I have bit the bullet and gone for the Aspire Zelos kit and I'm actually really excited about it. So with the 0.7 cool would I produce more vape than the 1 8 Ohm?

It also has Variable wattage, variable voltage, bypass & temperature control which I really don't understand the need at the moment but I'll have fun playing I guess, but any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks so far for all the information. It's helped me a lot. I'm even thinking about DL vaping but I don't want to run before I can walk if you know what I mean.

Good choice. I'd start with the 1.8 coil. I couldn't get my fix on lower than 13watts but start lower maybe 10 and work upwards. They are recommended to go to 14 but I generally am at 13.5watts.
I don't get a lot more vape unless I open the air holes up with the 0.7's. But again I prefer a tighter draw anyway, so keep only 2 open. With the 0.7's I'm usually at 19watts.

I've still not tried the temperature control and I've been at it for 6 months now. No need with stock coils imo. Maybe if you get into rebuildables.

With the 0.7 you could probably get a very restricted DL hit so if you get some of those coils give it a shot and see if you like it before splashing out on a dedicated tank and coils for it. I used to DL on my nautilus mini on the 1.8 coils. Had to take an 8 second draw to get decent clouds mind :18:

I've still not tried the temperature control and I've been at it for 6 months now. No need with stock coils imo. Maybe if you get into rebuildables.

With the 0.7 you could probably get a very restricted DL hit so if you get some of those coils give it a shot and see if you like it before splashing out on a dedicated tank and coils for it. I used to DL on my nautilus mini on the 1.8 coils. Had to take an 8 second draw to get decent clouds mind :18:
Zelos comes with both a 1.8 and a 0.7 coil.
But as stated I'd start with the 1.8 and if you need a bit more kick then try the 0.7, but expect more battery usage with the 0.7

Welcome to the club ;) Get into it and you'll end up with more hardware than you can shake a stick at. Variety is the spice of life.

Welcome to the club ;) Get into it and you'll end up with more hardware than you can shake a stick at. Variety is the spice of life.

So true. And we justify it by saying it's only money we used to waste on buying ciggies lol

Well I absolutely love the Aspire Zelos, The flavours are so much better than the cheaper Halos pen I was using. But boy does it love the juice. I am using the 0.7 coil with 18.watts andI noticed I am getting through my juice a lot quicker. I have also dropped down to 6mg Nicotine as my old flavours were tasting a bit harsh. Still using a variety of different flavours, mot of them 50/50 ratio.

You'll be getting through more juice using 18w as you'll be creating more vapour. If you were using the 1.8 at 13w you'd use less juice and power

Well today I'm wondering if I've dropped nicotine strengths too soon. I've gone from 18mg to 6mg in about 10 days. It could be any number if things but I'm kinda feeling very irritable today. I have no intention of going back to cigarettes but the thought of it did occur today which took me by surprise. I would have thought I'd experience this after the 1st few days. I could go back to a higher strength I suppose but I didn't enjoy the taste as much, but if needs be I will. Could also be I guess the new flavour I'm trying out (El Diablo Calavera Catrina). Strange I felt fine yesterday and discovers my favourite juice so far, Granny's Crumble from vape Shoreditch. I wonder if this is all normal?

Back
Top Bottom